Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a 1030 mile trip on my 07 600rr, and let me tell you my hands and ass are killing me. I went around Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and then back to Nebraska. Trip lasted two days(left Saturday morning got back Sunday night).

So whats the furthest you have ridin on you 600rr?

·
Registered
741 Posts
the longest i have done is 120 miles trip back and forth non-stop .... my legs were killing me and even tho my bike isloud as **** i still get sleepy .... well i guess im a ***** compare to your 1030 miles

·
Registered
650 Posts
250 miles. Stopped for gas (1x) and directions (1x). The CBR RR series are not touring bikes. ST or Goldwing are the proper tools for iron butt rides LOL!

·
Registered
252 Posts
1500 miles. I rode 800 miles first day. One day off to fix cracked oil-pan. 700 miles the third day. Wasn't bad at all. I had a 25 gallon duffel bag (guestimation... the thing is huge)on my tank and 2 backpacks but other than that I found it to be an enjoyable experience. The only issue that bothered me was the huge duffel bag was screwing with the wind flow and trying to make my helmet wobble in the wind.

D

·
0 Posts
140 miles, just because I got bored and wanted to get out of the house.

·
Registered
391 Posts
last weekend I left Columbus,GA and went to Richmond,KY a 460 mile trip one way, left on a thursday and came back on sunday. It wasn't to bad just my ass hurt, i only stoped to get gas every 150 miles.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
250 miles. Stopped for gas (1x) and directions (1x). The CBR RR series are not touring bikes. ST or Goldwing are the proper tools for iron butt rides LOL!
Yeah if ever do it again I will definatly pick up a goldwing. We had like 12 guys that went 8 Harleys, 1 Goldwing, 2 VTX 1300, 1 Yamaha, and me. I was the only sports bike there were all asking me if I was going to make it haha. The only bad thing was one of the guys had a sportster harley and had to stop every 100 miles for gas, but it acually wasnt bad to get off and strech.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
probably about 200 miles roundtrip, went riding today about 100 miles just to get out of the house. definitely NOT a touring bike at all! my ass is killing me and my hands kept going numb.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rode my bike up north for about 130-140 miles forgot to set my trip. Only reason I didn't ride longer was because of the rain and my ears were getting sore from my headset I use. (My buds don't stay in while I ride.)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
almost 400 i think, drained almost 3 full tanks that day. spend all my money and rode home on empty (flashing light for last 50 or so miles), just hoping it wouldnt die on the way haha.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Got back 2 weeks ago from a 12 day trip around France, Italy & Switzerland with my GF (CBR400) & uncle (GS500).
We 3096 miles in 12 days which included a 440 mile day in sunshine on a motorway - easy day,
& a 380 mile day in - 13hrs riding, no motorway & some un-tarmaced crap roads & very wet - HARD day.
Went to: Millau Bridge, Monaco, Pisa.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
160 miles from vegas to utha to mountain zion, in the way I stop for lunch and gas, once i got off the 15 freeway, in was nice, my legs where alittle tired, in all it was fun.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There should be some type of miles/age ratio for this. I did 625 miles in one day at age 38. That's like 1,500 miles if you're 22. I was sore.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I rode over 1300 miles over the fourth of July weekend (4 days) a couple of years ago. I think I got more broken in than the bike did. I even had to buy a new rear tire half-way through the trip.

·
Registered
624 Posts
540 miles in one day.
Charleston, SC to Ceaser's Head & Back

1 - 20 of 60 Posts