Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
You can but the further over you go the more you need to keep her smooth. Best place to test these kinds of limits is the track....a little sand/gravel on a street will put you down quick at that kind of lean.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
yeah man dont test it too hard iwth those tires. I have about a 1/4 inch to maybe 1/2 inch on my tires and i dont feel too comfortable leanin it that far with those tires. I rode my buddies zx10 the other day and he has Powers on there....HUGE difference. I felt like i could drag his frame sliders aroudn the turn and still be ok. THose tires are awesome....be careful on the dunlops. Cant wait to get my powers.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Psshh... don't listen to those guys. Go as far as you can go... keep your butt in your seat, and your head/shoulders as vertical as possible... when you wreck, you'll know you've gone too far...

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
haha....yeah...these guys know a lot more than me...disregard my post! im just a big p*ssy on the street! Be careful though when testin your limits...last thing you want is to skid out into traffic. Cant wait till my first track day.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Meddiepie954rr said:
Psshh... don't listen to those guys. Go as far as you can go... keep your butt in your seat, and your head/shoulders as vertical as possible... when you wreck, you'll know you've gone too far...

:sign10: +1

After them stock Dunlops wear out get yourself a set of Pilot Powers and you'll be ok.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
oh yeah, the dunlops suck ass. they'll start to slip after about 1000 miles on them if ridden moderately hard. first replacement set of tires get Powers. they're pretty much the best street tire you can get, that will also give you tremendous grip on the track.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like to stop leaning just before I fall all the way over. You can lean those suckers all the way to the edge. Then go brag to the guys at the local hang out about how far over you can wear the tires. Point out the chicken stripes on everyone elses tires.

·
Registered
615 Posts
jesus that is low, how does he sit back up LOL

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If it's on the street don't worry about going any harder. I too get anxious to get down even further, just to see if you can, but since it's the street, you just never know what's going to come up, even if you think you've scoped the turn out.

If it's on the track, get yourself different tires before going much further. The dunlops will go all the way to the edge, but not with much confidence. If you feel like you're ready for that, do yourself (and your bike) a favor and get some better tires.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts