Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the fastest you’ve ever gone on your bike?
In my area there are no race tracks with a three or four hour drive. So, on the local highway, my speedometer read 140 mph, which is the fastest I’ve ever gone. But part of the problem is running out of road before I stop accelerating. Another vehicle or curve or town comes upon me before I’m done going through all the gears.
So what’s you personal best?
PS Of course I didn’t REALLY exceed the speed limit or do anything unsafe on my motorcycle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
150 mph on my R6 years ago, it was good for more but I never got the chance to push it further and still feel comfortable. 140mph I was pretty comfortable at but 150 it felt like you we're stepping into another level which I hadn't spent enough time at to push beyond.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Oh sh!t @TheX appears! Where have you been hiding? I miss the snarky remarks.

140mph on the Summit Main. Ran out of room for more before turn 1.

·
CBRCHRIS
108 Posts
Factory ecu restrictions no any stock Cbr600rr will hit the speed restriction at 151-155 once ecu is flash or ignition module is installed rev limiter raised 500 and proper gearing, before i changed my gearing my bike with factory chain and sprockets with full exhaust PCV and ignition module with dyno tune and all factory restrictions removed went 167 wot just about at the rev limiter. Changed the gearing more top end means less low end so I’m slower taking off then stock but gained 22.5% top speed after gearing. Gearingcommander.com can give you an idea of speed changes with gearing but you’ll never go faster with factory ecu restriction

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Factory ecu restrictions no any stock Cbr600rr will hit the speed restriction at 151-155 once ecu is flash or ignition module is installed rev limiter raised 500 and proper gearing, before i changed my gearing my bike with factory chain and sprockets with full exhaust PCV and ignition module with dyno tune and all factory restrictions removed went 167 wot just about at the rev limiter. Changed the gearing more top end means less low end so I’m slower taking off then stock but gained 22.5% top speed after gearing. Gearingcommander.com can give you an idea of speed changes with gearing but you’ll never go faster with factory ecu restriction
No, just plain no.

You are so full of it that it hurts to read your posts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
'07 600RR. 165 earlier today. It was still climbing but I had to slow down for upcoming cars. Rode past one of those stationary radars cops put up on the side of the road and each time, it said I was going 5 mph slower than what my speedo said. So I probably did 160 today. Previous owner said he did 172 on it so that's what I'm aiming for.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts