Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
@The Nimble Ninja, When you have speedo error it's in %, not in mph.

So if you were indicating 60 and it said 55, then you have an error of 8.3%

So if you were indicating 165, then You were actually doing 151. Which is right in the wheel house for how fast these bikes will go.

·
Registered
49 Posts
@The Nimble Ninja, When you have speedo error it's in %, not in mph.

So if you were indicating 60 and it said 55, then you have an error of 8.3%

So if you were indicating 165, then You were actually doing 151. Which is right in the wheel house for how fast these bikes will go.
Okay, thank you for the clarification. When it was 5 mph off, it was 40 mph on the speedo but 35 on the radar.
Oh and how did you get that 8.3% difference? What's the equation to use to determine the % difference?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
The difference divided by the displayed.

So 5/60

If your error is actually 5/40 then that's 12.5%

So your 165 is only 144.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
no it's not normal to be out 12.5%

chances are you have non-stock sprocket sizes and no speedo healer.

it won't ruin anything, but your mileage will rack up faster, and your speedo is off.

·
CBRCHRIS
108 Posts
Speedo healer is installed I have YouTube video of racing an r1 high speed check it out CBRCHRIS.... my bike also has some head work and slightly higher compression ratio and 580 bucks worth of dyno tuning fuel and ignition maps. Any stock super sport comes off the lot running at only 60% of its full potential lean fuel choked up emissions parts ect......

·
CBRCHRIS
108 Posts
Stock sprockets with ecu restrictions and speed governor/limiter removed and rev limit raised 500rpm the bike topped out at 167-168ish with factory gearing it was basically at red line at that speed. Had the math done and aftermarket gearing installed then re dyno tuned at Speedwerks in Delaware for top end. I’m slower in low end and mid range. You have to sacrifice one for the other faster take off but lower top speeds or slower take off but faster top speeds.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Any stock super sport comes off the lot running at only 60% of its full potential lean fuel choked up emissions parts ect......
No, it doesn’t.

Does anyone actually believe your crap? Because you are delusional. Seriously, you have no idea what is the truth and what is BS.

·
Registered
49 Posts
no it's not normal to be out 12.5%

chances are you have non-stock sprocket sizes and no speedo healer.

it won't ruin anything, but your mileage will rack up faster, and your speedo is off.
Yeah I just noticed the rear sprocket is +1.(43) I don't know what the front one is but I assume that's been changed too.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
To be 12.5% off its probably a 15.

15/43 would give you a difference of about 8.4%, the other 4% is from the factory.

·
CBRCHRIS
108 Posts
Changing just the front sprocket to a 17tooth gives you about 20 mph more top end now that’s modded and tuned so it will very. I remember after I had my custom sprocket setup installed and didn’t have the speedo healer yet my gauge said 207mph at max top end after speedo healer installed and calibrated the accurate speed was really 186mph so the gearing changed the mph that far out make sure you get the speedo healer from heltec so you don’t rack up a bunch of inaccurate miles on your bike. Remember no gearing change will effect top speed at all until an ecm flash is done removing speed limiter which retards the timing at WOT to restrict going any faster or if you already have a power commander V installed get the dyno jet ignition module that will allow access to remove the factory restrictions as well that’s what I’m using personal, you can set a launch control change your cooling fan to kick on sooner instead of 220 degrees.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
Man you're so full of **** your eyes must be brown.

Without a speedo healer your gauge would say the EXACT SAME as it would before any changes. (For the same engine rpm). Ie redline in 6th would show the same speed, regardless of sprockets. Hell you could take the chain clean off and it would show the same.

If you geared it taller your gauge would actually show a lower speed than you were actually going. Not a higher one as you claim.

I can't even believe the garbage you keep spewing onto these forums.

·
CBRCHRIS
108 Posts
Use gearingcommander.com to give you an idea of what too speeds or low end or mid range power you can reach with changing sprocket variations alone with proper mods and tuning 180 mph on newer 600cc 2009 up isn’t hard with proper knowledge and the right combination of mods and tuning. My 2016 Cbr600rr gets 106 miles to a tank after the build vs close to 300 mpg stock. Like I stated before factory tuned super sports are dubbed down severely for emissions standards they run super lean and hot and have restricted exhaust systems And useless pair valves and o2 sensor setup all for emissions but sacrificing almost half the engines full potential. A completely stock bike with just a ecm flash with dyno built fuel map and custom built matching timing map with all restrictions removed is a night and day difference in it self. A fuel controller like bazzaz or PCV is just the tip of the iceberg most people only go as far as a slip on and a PCV and wonder why they see minimal changes. There’s a science to properly tuning an engine once that science is understood the limits are endless.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
So you just plug numbers into gearing commander and think that your bike will go that fast? Lol.

Pretty well everything you've said here is complete nonsense.

·
CBRCHRIS
108 Posts
I wasn’t specific enough I guess I had the gearing played with for two days multiple times while on a dyno machine the higher gearing is NOT related to the bigger front sprocket it’s stated as an example I don’t remember specifically what ratio the tuner installed when it read 207mph I’m simply referring directly to reaching 180mph on a 600cc engine is easily possible. I’m a certified bike mechanic I do all my own work besides machining the head and dyno tuning.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
I did check it out. It worsened my opinion of you

Your brake pads video you aren't even ******* using metric tools on your Japanese bike. At one point you say to remove the caliper bolts with a 5/16 socket lol. Wtf are you talking about dude.

Seriously man at this point I think you're just a troll. Nobody in their right mind would make the posts that you're making.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts