Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
The Moto2 race was held on June 2 at the Mugello Circuit and saw Sky Racing Team’s rider Nicolo Bulega reach the coveted 300 kph (187 mph) mark on top of a Triumph Moto2 bike. During a free practice session at the event, the rider reached 300.6 kph. That is the fastest a Moto2 rider was ever clocked at.

The bike that was responsible for the moment is a Triumph powered by a 765cc triple engine, a variant of the Street Triple RS 765cc used on a road motorcycle. The engine on the bike develops around 140 ps of power.

Obviously, the British bike builder could not have been more thrilled about reaching a milestone Honda was unable to dream of in nearly a decade.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
wow, an engine that's 27.5% more displacement managed a higher top speed? what a revelation.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
wow, an engine that's 27.5% more displacement managed a higher top speed? what a revelation.
Really, that's what you got out of that post?

Let me 'splain it for you.

Our certified mechanic above claims that he accomplished something that Honda couldn't. Now was that hard to grasp?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
It's pretty eye burningly obvious that Chris is full of ****.

If you can't see it I suggest searching for his posts. Literally everything he says is either patently false or very nearly. Didn't think the onus was on us to prove it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is the fastest you’ve ever gone on your bike?
In my area there are no race tracks with a three or four hour drive. So, on the local highway, my speedometer read 140 mph, which [ Vidmate is the fastest I’ve ever gone. But part of the problem is running out of road before I stop accelerating. Another vehicle or curve or town comes upon me before I’m done going through all the gears.
So what’s you personal best?
PS Of course I didn’t REALLY exceed the speed limit or do anything unsafe on my motorcycle.
Never maxed out 6th gear though to see how much more it can go.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts