Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How fast was your top speed?

38K views 65 replies 27 participants last post by  Death-by-steel 
#1 ·
What is the fastest you’ve ever gone on your bike?
In my area there are no race tracks with a three or four hour drive. So, on the local highway, my speedometer read 140 mph, which is the fastest I’ve ever gone. But part of the problem is running out of road before I stop accelerating. Another vehicle or curve or town comes upon me before I’m done going through all the gears.
So what’s you personal best?
PS Of course I didn’t REALLY exceed the speed limit or do anything unsafe on my motorcycle.

#35 ·
Use gearingcommander.com to give you an idea of what too speeds or low end or mid range power you can reach with changing sprocket variations alone with proper mods and tuning 180 mph on newer 600cc 2009 up isn’t hard with proper knowledge and the right combination of mods and tuning. My 2016 Cbr600rr gets 106 miles to a tank after the build vs close to 300 mpg stock. Like I stated before factory tuned super sports are dubbed down severely for emissions standards they run super lean and hot and have restricted exhaust systems And useless pair valves and o2 sensor setup all for emissions but sacrificing almost half the engines full potential. A completely stock bike with just a ecm flash with dyno built fuel map and custom built matching timing map with all restrictions removed is a night and day difference in it self. A fuel controller like bazzaz or PCV is just the tip of the iceberg most people only go as far as a slip on and a PCV and wonder why they see minimal changes. There’s a science to properly tuning an engine once that science is understood the limits are endless.

#37 ·
I wasn’t specific enough I guess I had the gearing played with for two days multiple times while on a dyno machine the higher gearing is NOT related to the bigger front sprocket it’s stated as an example I don’t remember specifically what ratio the tuner installed when it read 207mph I’m simply referring directly to reaching 180mph on a 600cc engine is easily possible. I’m a certified bike mechanic I do all my own work besides machining the head and dyno tuning.

#39 · (Edited)
I did check it out. It worsened my opinion of you

Your brake pads video you aren't even ******* using metric tools on your Japanese bike. At one point you say to remove the caliper bolts with a 5/16 socket lol. Wtf are you talking about dude.

Seriously man at this point I think you're just a troll. Nobody in their right mind would make the posts that you're making.

#43 ·
The Moto2 race was held on June 2 at the Mugello Circuit and saw Sky Racing Team’s rider Nicolo Bulega reach the coveted 300 kph (187 mph) mark on top of a Triumph Moto2 bike. During a free practice session at the event, the rider reached 300.6 kph. That is the fastest a Moto2 rider was ever clocked at.

The bike that was responsible for the moment is a Triumph powered by a 765cc triple engine, a variant of the Street Triple RS 765cc used on a road motorcycle. The engine on the bike develops around 140 ps of power.

Obviously, the British bike builder could not have been more thrilled about reaching a milestone Honda was unable to dream of in nearly a decade.

#49 · (Edited)
In my area there are no race tracks with a three or four hour drive. So, on the local highway, my speedometer read 140 mph, which [ Vidmate is the fastest I’ve ever gone. But part of the problem is running out of road before I stop accelerating. Another vehicle or curve or town comes upon me before I’m done going through all the gears.
PS Of course I didn’t REALLY exceed the speed limit or do anything unsafe on my motorcycle.
Never maxed out 6th gear though to see how much more it can go.

#57 ·
I've hit 167 on my speedometer a couple times. When I lived in Southern California I'd ride the 5 south from Newport Beach to Mission Viejo and there's a couple long, straight sections with a decent downhill. Probably more like the 150's assuming my speedometer's off a bit.

#62 ·
In my area there are no race tracks with a three or four hour drive. So, on the local highway, my speedometer read 140 mph, which is the fastest I’ve ever gone. But part of the problem is running out of road before I stop accelerating. Another vehicle or curve or town comes upon me before I’m done going through all the gears.
In Utah where I live, there's a causeway out to antelope island. After several visits I was able to charm my way into gathering info from the booth operator at the beginning of the road. She would let me know if there were cops on the island that day or not. If there wasn't, I was free to open it up.
I live in Utah and we have an island called antelope island. After several visits I was able to charm the booth operator i to helping me out. She would let me know if there were cops on the island that day. If there wasn't, I was free to go as fast as I could in the direction of tbe island. On the occasions I watched the speedometer on my 07 CBR 600RR bounce between 166 and 167 on the insanely flat and straight 7 mile causeway. It did have a programmer and exhaust. I never verified it with gps. As back in 2009 gps wasnt as widely popular as today. But I still say that at that speed, nothing looks normal. It's just a blur of sporadic posts appearing to be a solid wall and no divider lines. Just a solid strip. I've had about 6-7 car's, including a graffiti addition. A couple R6's and one gsxr 750. But nothing kicked like that "built on a good day" 07 600RR.

#63 ·
In Utah where I live, there's a causeway out to antelope island. After several visits I was able to charm my way into gathering info from the booth operator at the beginning of the road. She would let me know if there were cops on the island that day or not. If there wasn't, I was free to open it up.

I live in Utah and we have an island called antelope island. After several visits I was able to charm the booth operator i to helping me out. She would let me know if there were cops on the island that day. If there wasn't, I was free to go as fast as I could in the direction of tbe island. On the occasions I watched the speedometer on my 07 CBR 600RR bounce between 166 and 167 on the insanely flat and straight 7 mile causeway. It did have a programmer and exhaust. I never verified it with gps. As back in 2009 gps wasnt as widely popular as today. But I still say that at that speed, nothing looks normal. It's just a blur of sporadic posts appearing to be a solid wall and no divider lines. Just a solid strip. I've had about 6-7 car's, including a graffiti addition. A couple R6's and one gsxr 750. But nothing kicked like that "built on a good day" 07 600RR.
I meant 6-7 cbr's, not cars. ******* auto correct. As far as cars go, I've had over 100.

#66 ·
1997 f3 aftermarket gears head work some carb mods and few bolt on goodies no power adders and my tiny ass 138lbs down hill off the rev limiter 14,600rpm 170