1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Fatter aint better bro that is a myth

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
id say stay with the 180 my buddy runs a 190 and i dont like it 180 seems like a good overall size

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
if i am not mistaken the 190 is made for the wider rim of the 1000's hence when put on our rims i causes the side wall to "bow" for the lack of better words. this cause a little play or tire role when leaned over. i would recommend staying with the 180 because of this. however you can get away with it if you would like too. if you do a lot of wheelies the 190 would be more stable, if you like the twisties stick to the 180.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
havent done either one (wheelies or twisties) just started riding 2 months ago and just want to get confy with the bike before doing other stuff (for example i need to stop stalling out at hills before i do a wheelie:)

but i did my first burnout today and i liked it, thats why im asking about tires already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
just takes time man. be patient and safe. oh and use your rear brake when stopped on a hill. leaves the throtle hand free to turn with out the bike rolling back.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
When you crash, i might be interested in some of the mods.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
also take a msf course.... very helpfull.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i took the course already i did learned alot... and the MODs are already done shiftn3rdon1 im just too lazy to list them (i bought the bike with stuff done...like its droped (yes i know!), aftermarket pipe, fender eliminator and blah blah other crap...but when i do crash ill make sure i post pics if im still alive.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
shiftn3rdon1 said:
When you crash, i might be interested in some of the mods.
haha. Oh man. [wisper] I can see it happening too. [/wisper]

Also from my knowledge a lot of the 1k guys will actually put a 180 on their bikes. You lose a lot of the handeling from a 190.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
I'm not even going to go into the explanation of why you will probley crash. I say it way too much on here. Someone else can elaborate. It's a free post anyways.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If you are careful and are VERY aware of how your abilities are progressing, you may not crash for a long long time... or ever, I dare say. Just be safe and realistic. You will be fine.

Oh and as far as the tire goes, lower it 3 inches, extend the swing arm 6 inches, and put a 250 on it. It will make the bike carve the corners like an electric knife through SPAM.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Fooldog01 said:
If you are careful and are VERY aware of how your abilities are progressing, you may not crash for a long long time... or ever, I dare say. Just be safe and realistic. You will be fine.

Oh and as far as the tire goes, lower it 3 inches, extend the swing arm 6 inches, and put a 250 on it. It will make the bike carve the corners like an electric knife through SPAM.
haha, yah dawg. Blang blang. Don't forget to chrome everything out to make it more aerodynamic. Also riding in just boxers and sandals cuts down on a lot of the drag.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
k thanks, my bike is lowered and everyone is telling me to raise it..im doing it this week... about crashing, thanks for the imput...i know i just started riding so im being extra careful... another fear i have is that when turning i slow down before i start turning so i dont over shoot it, but im afraid some dickhead wont judge my speed right and hit me from behind... oh well... im trying to stay safe since my friend almost died on a bike a while back... im just started riding because its cheaper on gas! lol...

well thanks for the help on the tires...

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
cojolio said:
k thanks, my bike is lowered and everyone is telling me to raise it..im doing it this week... about crashing, thanks for the imput...i know i just started riding so im being extra careful... another fear i have is that when turning i slow down before i start turning so i dont over shoot it, but im afraid some dickhead wont judge my speed right and hit me from behind... oh well... im trying to stay safe since my friend almost died on a bike a while back... im just started riding because its cheaper on gas! lol...

well thanks for the help on the tires...
We're being a-holes because the vast majority of people on this board are more into wearing gear and racing (on a track).

When people come in here talking about busting out wheelies and doing burnouts it generally gets frowned upon. Especially from a brand new rider.

Just be safe and wear as much gear as possible. You'll thank us when your sliding down the asphalt.

So to break it down we're a-holes because we care. It's never fun seeing somone become a statistic whether you know them or not. We're all family.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey thanks, the truth is i was starting to "cyber-dislike" you (if thats even a word)... but i know im new, and i know my riding abilities (thats why i havent even been in group riders which my friend does alot because i dont want to have to "keep up" and i know they wont be slowing down and stuff)... so yeah...i like riding with gear (jacket, helmet and gloves)...my only problem is that i wont wear leather pants or those racing pants... any other solution? i just wear jeans and the army issued boots (or timberlands)....i just need pants!..does icon make "urban/baggy" looking pants?

PS. i wont be doing wheelies anytime soon..at least not this riding season....i will eventually tried it down the road, but not anytime soon...too afraid and i dont know the bike that well.... burnout i did it because from what i have read in the forum all you gotta do is holdon to that brake really good and press the clutch in before you let go of the break....im glad i did it right!...well thanks for the advice... TRUST ME IM TRYING TO LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN!....time will teach me just like it did to everyone else...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts