Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know, well im sure lots of you know but would some one tell me whats up with attatching a cargo net to my bike. I have one that has six hooks on it. I got it to go on but it seems like the hooks will rub the paint off even being rubber coated. If someone could just show me a picture of a net attatched that would be awesome. :thumbup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
this is how I hook mine, put whatever you are transporting on the rear seat, place the net over that, take the 2 that are close to your seat and hook them on the pass. peg, my 04 has a small loop that works great. next hook the next 2 to the loops that are right under the rear seat, then hook the final 2 to the same as the last but pull the net out over the tail , it should go right betwween the tail light and exaust, if you have stock exaust or have the heat sheild, the hooks wont scratch it and the heat wont melt the net either. that is how i hook mine up,wish i had a pic, to hard to explain, hope this helps, 10K+ miles it works!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I used 3 hooks on each side through those little hoops under the tail. If you're using it for a helmet it's not going ANYWHERE. It wont scratch the paint either.

·
Registered
254 Posts
you know.. I always wondered about this myself... now I know.

·
Registered
274 Posts
cool, thanks for the clarification. i think i'll get one, are there different brands or are these things pretty much the same?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
skeetem said:
cool, thanks for the clarification. i think i'll get one, are there different brands or are these things pretty much the same?
It doesn't really matter. As long as it's not something that's obviously cheap or harsh for the paint (helmet or bike).

·
Registered
606 Posts
I use them all the time...helmet..won't move...big nap sack..won't move. Just put the three hooks on the one hook ring and the same on the other side...never had a problem scratching the fairing (paint).

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I take the two hooks nearest the back and hook them onto the hooks under the passenger seat, the next set of hooks go to the passenger foot pegs, then the two hooks closest to your ass go BACKWARDS again, to the hooks under the seat. This will hopefully stop any loads you net on to the bike from sliding forwards and trying to steal your seat every time you grab some brakes. Monday and Friday are my work clothes day's, and this is how i hook em up. If i just use the correspondong hooks to eyes the load allways ends up on my seat.

·
Registered
327 Posts
so w/o a net I cannot attach a helmet to my bike correct? I really haven't looked at my bike since I have gotten it. But on my f4i I can flip the helmet to the side of the bike. And now on the RR no longer?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey thanks for all you guys help, just wanted to maybe be able to stop by the Liquor Store and strap a on a sixer for when I get home.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ashton said:
this is how I hook mine, put whatever you are transporting on the rear seat, place the net over that, take the 2 that are close to your seat and hook them on the pass. peg, my 04 has a small loop that works great. next hook the next 2 to the loops that are right under the rear seat, then hook the final 2 to the same as the last but pull the net out over the tail , it should go right betwween the tail light and exaust, if you have stock exaust or have the heat sheild, the hooks wont scratch it and the heat wont melt the net either. that is how i hook mine up,wish i had a pic, to hard to explain, hope this helps, 10K+ miles it works!
+1
I remembered taking a picture of my bike with my camera bag and tripod attached on my RR. Here you go

1 - 15 of 15 Posts