Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im truly interested in getting this bike strictly for track use. What do you track guys think about this bike for the track. Truly? I was also considering a GSXR 600. Would love the R6 but the 07 lacks way too much power and the 08 and blowing up everywhere.

·
Proud PAPA
4,808 Posts
Where did you hear the R6 lacks power? There is a guy at jennings on an 07 R6 that runs 1.18's. The lap record is 1.14. Most of the fast guys i see there have the piano.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did you hear the R6 lacks power? There is a guy at jennings on an 07 R6 that runs 1.18's. The lap record is 1.14. Most of the fast guys i see there have the piano.

Well Im not a pro and not anywhere near. All I can say is that a buddy of mine has a R6 06 and yes bro its slow. I have a R1 myself and even being bias to it it lacks power down low. But put in the right hands im sure that its a fast as any litre bike. What they say about Yamis is true, its a high reving bike doesnt like to be in low rpm.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
"Would love the R6 but the 07 lacks way too much power"

What do you mean, the R6 is plenty fast. The power band is higher then an RR but it is just as fast. Most of my friends that go to the track have an R6 for there track bike. Have you ever been to the track? If not any of the 4 Japs would be fine. But if I was looking for a track only bike it would be a RR or R6 leaning more toward the R6 just because all of the power is up top. I just do not no a lot about the other two.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Get a 600RR for the track. It's a great bike that 95% of it's
riders will never get it's full potential out of the bike. All you see
are Gixxer's & Yamaha's at the track. It's nice to see just a few
Honda's, makes you feel special. Screw peer pressure & rock the
Honda's. Half the people who race never finish in the money so
it's not like they benefit from the contingency offered by Suzuki
& Yamaha.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about concerning the R6, but I tried out an 08 the other day at Summit and it's the most phenomenal machine I've ever been on. I'm hoping to get some seat time on an 07-08 RR for comparison, but the R6 is not lacking any where.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
ANY late model 600 makes an excellent track or street bike! ANY OF THEM!

My personal experience with an 08 R6 and my 07 600RR, yea both are AWESOME!
The R6 did feel a little more sluggish but only down low. You need to make sure you are in the correct gear, the 600RR does seem to have a little more down low, allowing you a little more freedom while still being able to get a good drive.

Both are excellent, for me the 600RR is a better choice for my style of riding...

·
Registered
753 Posts
These bikes are built for the track. Hell, I don't even ride a sport bike on the street. Too damn uncomfortable. I ride a 636 as a track only bike and it has a bit more low end than my wife's 600rr. It also has a factory slipper clutch, but all the 600cc sport bikes make fantastic track tools. When I hit the street, I ride this one
<----------

·
Registered
371 Posts
The CBR600 is a very good bike on the track. Excellent midrange power is great for coming off of slow, tight corners. The suspension will take minimal adjustment from the stock settings to get it right for the track unless you weight over 185-190 pounds. Stock brakes will work well, but I would recommend upgrading the brake lines and fluid for track day use on any street bike as the brakes will take a pounding once you get used to carrying a lot of speed into corners.

If you have your heart set on the CBR, you will not be disappointed. Get some good track tires and go for it.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
What are all of you talking about? The 07 R6 Seriously Lacks midrange power, it is however very powerful on top speed.

It is a more track oriented bike however major magazine comparisons had the cbr beat the r6 on the track (better lap times).

The 08 r6 on the other hand is a bit more refined and has improved midrange power.

If all u want is a track weapon I would suggest 08 R6 not 07, If u cant get that then the 07 rr will make u a happy man

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
like said above, R6's are more track focused, the rr is just all around focused. well made for the street, hit twisties on the weekend, and more than capable of handling anyone else on the track. far more user friendly and the brakes are the shining point! ive never had malfunctions with my rr. its just a flawless machine. plus its not like the r6 is gonna blow away the rr. the only difference is above 10ks. the r6 jus starts generating its potential whereas the rr i belive at 8.3 to 8.8 is where it begins to haul and still has top end pull above 10ks keeping up with the r6. all in all your choice. your style. your ride.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've been racing a 06 600RR this year. It's been a huge improvement from my 7R that for sure. My only complaint is the suspension is waay too soft for my weight @190lbs.. i've done what I can and had it adjusted by the suspension techs but i'm out of adjustments, I'll have to spring for upgrades over the winter I guess.. that said my brother is racing another RR with $1000.00 buck into the front end and I'm only .5 of a second behind him on our best times. one other thing they need a quick turn throttle.. it's way to hard to get to full throttle quickly without one. A new r6 will have more power but due to it's narrow powerband it's quite a bit more work to get a good lap time out of it. I was speaking with a friend who had an 04 r6 and an 08 and he said the '08 is a much more difficult ride to race.

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
As said earlier, any of the modern 600s will make an excellent track bike. I actually have a soft spot for the 07-08 Kawasaki because of the really smooth transmission, great brake feel and the oem slipper clutch is so good it's stupid (sloppy to no rev match downshifting on my cbr causes heart stopping wiggles, while the Kawasaki makes me look like a pro).

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have been racing my 03 600RR for 2 years now...
and i love it ... for a track day bike i say any of the jap bikes are great..
although i hate to say it cause i luvs me some Honda....
the R6 and GSXR are probably the way to go...because of the number of them on the track...
spare parts...used race parts....more people with experience working on them..
they are all so close in performance that a good rider can make any of them perform well.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts