Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How large is your friction zone before the clutch fully engages.

I have a little less than a 1/4 inch. Is that normal?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL.

Very cool. I was riding my buddies 1973 Honda CB 350 and the clutch had alot of play. Also his TL seem to have a larger friction zone.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yeah. New clutch is a little tricky. Kind of grabby with no play.

WOW. A old 350 Honda still on the road.

I had one with the shifter on the right, brake on the left but I think that was a 1969 with the high pipe. Or maybe my old Susuki 80 was the one reversed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oooh the picture above looks like my buddies, except for the high mount exhaust.

It was given to us from a guy at his work. He owns 8 different cruisers and told us to use this bike to learn how to ride. We planned to give back to him, but he said just keep it for now, or lend it out to other new riders you know.

We still pull out this bike to ride from time to time. It's just pure fun when riding it.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
mule-madness said:
12 inches... :rofl:

sorry man, i couldn't help my self...
12"? What are you? A horse?

·
Registered
248 Posts
BackStreet said:
Yeah. New clutch is a little tricky. Kind of grabby with no play.

Hahahaha this thread is great.

You don't get any play out of your friction zone, thus you get real grabby. I get it. Gotta supress the urges somehow.

Yeah my friction zone is only affected when the rpm's get real buzzy and they vibrate the tank while I'm sitting forward in my seat.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Never heard the phrase 'hung like a mule' before, but hey I guess if horses are hung, I spose mules can't be that poorly endowed either.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
[quote='03 Double_R]
mule-madness said:
12 inches... :rofl:

sorry man, i couldn't help my self...
12"? What are you? A horse?[/quote]

He might just be the next John Holmes... :lol2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts