Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
****Just a general question here I guess. How did all of you learn to get your knee down? About how long did it take you. Personally I just learned at the track by taking laps. It took me a good month or so to actully get it down. My friend is trying to learn and wants me to teach him and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that. Thanks....

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
03cbr600rr said:
Personally I just learned at the track by taking laps. It took me a good month or so to actully get it down. My friend is trying to learn and wants me to teach him and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that. Thanks....
Now just learn how to secure that boot strap and you'll be good to go. :razz:

·
Registered
563 Posts
You can't really teach it. Tell him to look at magazine pictures in order to study body position. But basically, you just gotta keep going faster and faster. You shouldn't have to try to get your knee down. It'll happen when it happens ;-)

·
Registered
563 Posts
I touched down on my first track day, but it was funny because there were 2 or 3 corners that I would really 'try hard' to get leaned over. The first corner I touched down in I was totally not expected it and it scared me so much I picked the bike almost to upright before I realized, "Hey, that was supposed to happen!!" :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wizard600RR said:
03cbr600rr said:
Personally I just learned at the track by taking laps. It took me a good month or so to actully get it down. My friend is trying to learn and wants me to teach him and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do that. Thanks....
Now just learn how to secure that boot strap and you'll be good to go. :razz:
Yah the whole strap thing shouldnt be an issue, my boots for the track dont have straps. So hopefully it wont get stuck in the chain...wizard600rr.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Eck said:
You can't really teach it. Tell him to look at magazine pictures in order to study body position. But basically, you just gotta keep going faster and faster. You shouldn't have to try to get your knee down. It'll happen when it happens ;-)
+1

the best way to teach your friend how to get a knee down is to tell them not to try. like others have said it's about body position and corner speed.

if your friend is carrying enough corner speed, but just isn't getting off the bike enough, work with them on body position. however, if they have good body positioning but they're just not carrying enough corner speed, tell them that it's just not time yet and it'll happend when it happends.

the last thing you want to tell somebody that's learning is they just need to go faster, especially when their not ready. as you should know, you get faster not because you try to, but because of being smooth and as things start to become second nature...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts