Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How Long After You First Started Riding?

• 0-6 Months

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • 6-12 Months

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • 12-18 Months

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 18-24 Months

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
about one month on a 1981 Honda CB650C.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
bad idea to get your knee down so soon

i was so excited and distracted i almost forgot to keep riding...hahaha

...like...through the rest of the turn

·
"oh, theyre real... takatas."
1,163 Posts
gofasterr,
is that a school bus youre closing on in your sig?? BWAHAHA

·
"oh, theyre real... takatas."
1,163 Posts
hahaha i was gonna say.
thats probably a not so good idea haha
but still hilarious
and i still havent got the knee down for lack of knee pucks
no chicken strips though and scraped the stock pegs in the canyons
i think you can take corners fast without your knee and still get that
bitch down

·
Registered
996 Posts
I got my knee down the first day I was on the track, but that was 3 years after I started street riding.

·
Registered
763 Posts
+1 this poll would be inconclusive I think as I can imagine some riding years and not getting it down. But then 1/2 a day at the track chasing your buddies....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good point. Basically those who have been riding for a while just kinda waited for the track/instructions then were doing it that same day?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Correct. I rode pretty fast on the street, but never tried to drag my knee. Took a WERA/MCRA riders school and started dragging knee during the beginner's race (4th session on track).

C

·
0 Posts
I think it was my 4th trackday. About 2 years into it. I took my time. Saturday I drug a knee and by Monday I was bumped into the A group. Now I can drag a knee all over the place including the street (not recommended, especially for your first time.)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Once I could do it, I started dragging them everywhere I could on the track because it made me feel faster (even though I wasn't)

·
Registered
885 Posts
You guys suck.... i wish i could drag a knee boo on all of you guys j/k

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I got my knee down for the first time at my first trackday which was 4 months after I started riding. Once you get it down the first time it just comes natural from then on without even trying. I've never dragged knee on the street,but I've never worn knee sliders on the street either. Everybody has a different learning curve and dragging your knee doesn't always mean your the fastest.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I thought it would be fun once to just touch my knee on the street in street clothes.

It’s not.

My denim covered knee instantly dug in dramatically jarring the bike leaving skin.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
rockitfuel said:
I thought it would be fun once to just touch my knee on the street in street clothes.

It’s not.

My denim covered knee instantly dug in dramatically jarring the bike leaving skin.
if it sounds like a fun thing to do on a bike but nobody else is doin it...its probably not fun

1 - 20 of 25 Posts