Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike was stolen today. i have State Farm insurance, anyone know how long they make you wait until they issue you a check? I know they generally want you to wait a certain amount of time to see if the bike magically shows up.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stole it from my girlfriends workplace parking lot. it was a nice resteraune in a nice part of town between 4:30am to 10:00am. Sucks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey 56cbr600rr - sorry to hear about your loss... Mine was stolen last November and I also have State Farm. I think it took about a month and a half to two months before all was said and done. They paid what they felt was the bike's value (I think about 7500), then they paid a little (and I stress a little) for some of the bike modifications I did. So basically they just paid off the loan and I had to start from scratch again as far as getting a new bike. Good luck.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had to wait 6 1/2 months. But they thought it was suspicious. In the end, I was making payments on a bike I didn't own for 6+ months. At nearly $200/month I was out an extra $1200. I am still trying to recover my losses.

·
Registered
383 Posts
They make you wait 30 days in most cases unless they have reason to believe thre theft is suspcious enough to warrent a full investigation. Meaning they think you had something to do with it. @ that point they won't pay anything until the investigation is over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
56cbr600rr, sorry to hear that. I had State Farm when my Triumph Daytona was stolen last summer. They were great about settling my claim. I think I got paid about a 1 1/2 months after the incident. They have to wait awhile to see if it turns up.

BTW- I got a call from the California Highway Patrol about a month ago saying the found my bike. It was involved in a hit and run and the guy riding it dumped after he hit another car and then the middle divider in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info guys. I actually spoke to my claim rep the other day and she told me it shouldn't be more than 3 weeks. She said if it was something exp-ensive like a Hummer or Vette it would be at least 30 days. I'm counting the days....... She also told me to list all mods and even the new tire's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts