Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Its not Honda that ships the title its the dealership. Did you finance the bike or buy it outrite? If your financing it, the company that you got the loan from like the bank or credit union is holding the title until the bike is paid off.

·
Registered
282 Posts
you should still get a title no matter what.

i have a title for my new bike, but it shows there is a lein out on the bike (the bank owns it).

·
Registered
668 Posts
Financed or not you get a copy of the title. I think mine took all of 2 weeks after I picked up the bike (paid in full). If its financed maybe a little longer because the finance company has to place a lien against the title. Unitl you pay it off then you receive a release from the DMV.

But to answer your question it should not have taken that long call the dealership / private owner to find out what the hold up is.

·
Registered
533 Posts
i got my bike a month ago financed and still no title by law they must give it to you i but there will be a lien on it

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my bike is all paid for, so im suppose to be receiving the actual title

·
Registered
784 Posts
It's been awhile since I paid mine off but I'm pretty sure Honda sent it to me within two weeks. I would definitely call to make sure you've really paid off the balance in full and didn't miss a few dollars of interest or something.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
your dealers sends it in to the state, they transfer it over to you and will send it to your house. the DMV has your title still, if you bought it outright. the loan company will have it if you financed it. some state take longer than others to process that stuff. it took almost 2 months before mine showed up. Illinois is sloooooowwwww.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I had the same problem about 5 years ago with Yamaha it was paid off for 6 months then I realized I didnt have the Pink so I called them up and had it in 2 weeks. Give them a call and find out what is up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
teg said:
my bike is all paid for, so im suppose to be receiving the actual title
congrats on paying the bike off. and by chance the bike wouldnt happen to be that 06 orange. if so u suck man, i got my 06 black in Feb and ive only made 2 payments FUn Fun Fun.;

RLTW

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WiZ 2/75RGR said:
congrats on paying the bike off. and by chance the bike wouldnt happen to be that 06 orange. if so u suck man, i got my 06 black in Feb and ive only made 2 payments FUn Fun Fun.;

RLTW

paid off as in there is no lien holder, i put a couple grand down on the bike and the rest is financed with the low payment/apr for 12 months on the honda card

the honda card is essentially a credit card, so i dont think they hold your title like when you finance through a bank

Sijray21 said:
you're supposed to have it with the bike. How'd you register the bike without the title?
the dealer do all that stuff for you, i've already received my registration

·
Registered
48 Posts
I never got a title when I bought my bike.

But I just paid mine off last week and the financing company told me it would be about 2 weeks till I got the title.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Call the finance company. In cali some of the newer titles are electronic. Some are physical. Electronic the finance company can release the lein right away. Physical they have to release it to you, send it to you and u have to take it to the DMV to get it changed.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Honda Card finance...can't remember who actually handles their paperwork....took over a month to send my title. You have to jump on them with both feet. It is really poorly operated...I was furious!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts