Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
9 w/48k+ miles from new.

I let motor warmw NO throttle until 110F.

Then easy 4krpm for about 2 minutes rolling along surface roads.

when motor temp reaches 160f+ start riding above 8k rpm.

Never rev bike or high rpm's until fully warm.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I let mine get to 125. Which doesn't take long. Probably about 3-4 minutes. Or maybe 2 I'm usually getting my stuff together while it's warming up. Putting on gear, bookbag, getting my music going, helmet and it's usually up in temp at that point.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Lol.

I warm mine up untill i back out of my parking spot so about 1 to 15 seconds.

·
Registered
616 Posts
they say cars require only around 30 seconds of warm up. I would assume its similar to a bike. I do mine for about a minute

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,811 Posts
i let it idle for the time it takes me to put on my gloves.

letting it sit for ages and ages does nothing for you but burn gas. just don't rev the snot out of it until it's at normal operating temp and you're fine.

these engines aren't delicate little flowers. they are incredibly robust and almost ALL of them are crashed and destroyed long before they are worn out.

·
Registered
803 Posts
After thinking hard on this topic in the past, I don't stress over it as much anymore. I let the bike warm up for about 2-3 minutes when it's normal or warm temperature. When it's colder, I aim to give it about 3-5 minute idle warm up. Then I ride gentle for the first few minutes to get the tires a little warm too. I try not to go higher into the RPM's until about 10 minutes of riding, or maybe about 170+ temp reading on the gauge.

Please feel free to correct me, and I'd be happy to learn and apply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts