Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that in search of a bike you want to get a bike with the least amount of miles, but how long will a CBR or any motorcycle engine last? And what are the ups and downs of buying a bike that has been dropped? And how much le-way should one allow when finding a bike that has been dropped?
I am totally new at this as this will be my first bike so thanks everyone for the help. I am amazed at the level of support in this community.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
hondas last forever. they are really well built. doubt you'll find a cbr with over 40k miles, and they will run for hundreds. i had an 81 honda cb650 with 130k miles on it and it runs like a champ.

a crashed bike can have a tweaked frame and stuff, but if you give it a thorough inspection with someone that knows bikes you should be ok

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
60ooo miles and she will still be purrin but the linkages and sus will need replaceing

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
My buddy has an original 1987 Honda CBR 600 F1 that he bought off another friend in 1990. It has 43k on it and it still runs strong. If it is a Honda, it lasts forever basically.

·
2006 BOTY WINNER
814 Posts
I used to have an article posted on my service counter from Motorcycle Consumer News about a guy and his 1993 CBR900RR that had over 150,000 miles on it. He did track days went through a stator and other minor things but nothing major. So I would be confident that taken care of properly they will last as long as you want or at least until something better comes along, from Honda.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I have no doubt that Honda will last you forever as long as the vehicle/motorcycle is well taken care of and not abused. I'm a big Honda/Toyota fan and my 94 Celica has 220k miles, looks brand new and runs like a champ. (check my profile pic)

·
Registered
533 Posts
my friend has a 2006 1000rr and in the fall of 06 he reached the 40,000 miles mark. he immediately pulled over on the highway and took a picture.

honda's are designed to live forever if they recieve the proper maintenance

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have 22k miles on my 04 600RR with not one problem. The only things I have had to do is routine stuff ie...tires, oil, chain etc. There is a guy I know with a 04 F4i that has over 80k miles with nothing more than routine stuff too. If the bike is taken care of they will last for ever and mileage is a non issue.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had a F4i with over 147k on it
I know a gsxr with over 100k
I I know of several older bikes with many more than that.

proper maintenance a bike will last forever.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Man, I sure hope they last a long time. I'm putting ~600 miles a week on mine with the commute. I had no idea I was needing to adjust the chain, lube the chain, and change the tires so often. lol Maybe it will lead to me getting a lot of exposure to working on bikes...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts