Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to Canada often and I plan on buying a 2007 cbr600rr obviously. I just want to know ...

Is it even possible to ride for 8 hours from NY to Canada ?

How much will my ass and wrists hurt?

I won't be stopping to nap or anything so I won't need a place to sleep. Just to stretch and get food.

What's the longest trip you other folks have taken on your bikes?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
totally possible to ride that long, buy you will need breaks to stretch & stuff.

I'd suggest a rain suit too, I done a run from england to scotland, about 4 hrs, but I got soaked in the 1st half hour, riding for that long wet is awful. I was squeezing the water out of my t-shirt when I stopped & my leathers weighed a ton. I bought a 1 piece over-suit after that.

as for my own personal best, I regularly spend 6-8 hrs on the bike,with breaks when I need to stretch, I have to street/city ride for an hour just to get to the roads I like anyway.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Obviously don't make the very first time you ever ride it be an 8 hour trip but ya stop every once in a while stretch walk around get the blood flowing again and you can totally make the trip

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
I do hill country rides on a regular basis that start at 7:30am and end at dinner time. stop for fuel, pee breaks and lunch.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
8hrs is a piece of cake.... like everyone else says, just make sure you stop and stretch, pee, and stay hydrated. soon as i get my new tires on i'm going to be doing a trip similar to this myself. (i do it once twice a summer)

EDIT: oh, and watch out for those crazy Canadian drivers....haha :sarcasm:

·
Always Remembered & Never Forgotten
881 Posts
Couple weeks ago I made a run up to Little Rock, AR from Gulfport, MS. Had a great time. It was about 10 hours of riding and breaks. 450 mile trip one way. check this Iron Butt thread out

What I learned:
What I learned from my trip:

1) Glad my backpack is waterproof
2) You HAVE to have music
3) Take a stop to walk around every couple hours or so
4) Stay hydrated (especially in this southern heat)
5) Bring extra socks to keep your feet dry
5a) better yet invest in raingear
5b) or watch the weather carefully and dodge the rain unless you don’t care about getting wet
6) Need a gel seat or those padded shorts bicyclists wear
7) Take time out in the middle of nowhere to enjoy the peaceful quiet!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I do 8+ hour days all the time..... no biggie at all, just stop and take breaks and stretch out when needed and you'll be fine

Longest day for me was 22 hours straight.... did about 1100 miles

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I've done about 3 1/2 hours of straight riding. After that, it's time to do some stretching depending on what roads I'm riding.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks folks. 8 hours doesn't seem to bad. It's 8 hours one way lol.

I didnt even think about rain gear.

Good stories from some of you. Keep em coming!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I rode from Deals Gap home a few years ago, took 13.5 hours, gas-n-go. I was in great riding shape, and my behind was numb as well as my knees. So.... it can be done.
Nice! Thanks. Yea I'm worried about having no feeling in my butt when I get up there cuz I wanna party....

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
I do 8+ hour days all the time..... no biggie at all, just stop and take breaks and stretch out when needed and you'll be fine

Longest day for me was 22 hours straight.... did about 1100 miles
Because your a riding god

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Because your a riding god

Sent via iPhone 4s
:crackup: Well I don't know about all that, lol.... but I do like to ride a lot!! :thumbup:

About to head out and ride here in a few minutes, just trying to decide where I want to go. Looks like I'm riding solo today though

·
17,681 Posts
:crackup: Well I don't know about all that, lol.... but I do like to ride a lot!! :thumbup:

About to head out and ride here in a few minutes, just trying to decide where I want to go. Looks like I'm riding solo today though
Let's be honest, people around the USA have heard about you and the amazing mileage on your bike. I mean damn it's amazing. Do you own a car? It has to have super low mileage

Sent via iPhone 4s

T

·
0 Posts
I did Calgary AB to Vancouver BC (12 hours) in one day. Then all day I rode the Vancouver island just off the coast, and then back to Calgary on the third day, which was another 12 hours. Total seat time I spent on my CBR600 in those three days was probably 34 hours.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Oh wait I've seen your video of the odometer rolling over, didn't realize that was you. Rizzo's right, you kinda are a riding god.

·
17,681 Posts
Oh wait I've seen your video of the odometer rolling over, didn't realize that was you. Rizzo's right, you kinda are a riding god.
Told you! He's almost seem every state

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Let's be honest, people around the USA have heard about you and the amazing mileage on your bike. I mean damn it's amazing. Do you own a car? It has to have super low mileage

Sent via iPhone 4s
Well I guess it has been posted (not by me) on 'a few' forums, LOL

I do indeed have a car.... I dunno about the super low mileage though... lol. But I really haven't put many on the car since I've had the bike, though I am putting more on it now than I have in awhile just cuz of all the dogs in obedience class, which is 100 miles round trip each time and sometimes 2 times a week

I didn't' put them all on though, and it's an older car (1989 Honda Accord). I got it in July, 2000 with 256k on it. My mom had it before me, she bought it in May 1997 from the orig owner with 140k on it. Also doubles as my trackday hauler! haha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts