Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles are u getting out of a full tank?
im only gettin high 70s to 80 miles.....is it cuz its still new?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh yeah and that is city and back road riding if that matters. Not whooping on it all the time either.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i got 160 miles before i geared the bike, now its 130-140 indicated, which is more like 115. 15/45 gears sucks gas.

·
Registered
55 Posts
> now its 130-140 indicated, which is more like 115

I know the spedo is optimisitc, but I can't see how a manufacturer would be allowed to have a "pessimistic" odometer. Has anyone checked the accuracy of their odometer?

> 15/45 gears sucks gas.

I want to do the same sproket conversion, but I commute too much. I can't afford it. But, if I could swap out 6th and turn it into an overdrive with a 15/45, it'd be perfect. I think 4000 revs at 80 indicated sounds about right.

·
Registered
485 Posts
um, trust me, the speedo is off, 15%. i used the gearing calculator. like i said i have 15/45 gears. and the odometer reading comes from the same reading that the mph comes from. its off to, the same amount. and its not pessimistic, its optomistic. it thinks i get more MPH and MPG than i really do.
oh, good luck finding a new 6th gear designed for what you said, especially if you can't afford the gas for 15/45s. just leave it stock, it still goes like hell, i just wanted second gear to be higher in the revs for the canyons i ride.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree, the speedo is waaaaaay off. I was asking about the odometer. Do you think that, too, is higher than actaul?

It's more like "wasteful" versus "can't afford". Poor choice of words.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I going to get about 160 outta this tank I'm at 145 with one bar left.

·
Registered
411 Posts
trenton said:
I agree, the speedo is waaaaaay off. I was asking about the odometer. Do you think that, too, is higher than actaul?

It's more like "wasteful" versus "can't afford". Poor choice of words.
Odometer and speedometer receive information from the same sensor.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
does our instrument panel have a reserve tank indicator on it? sorry noob question :lol2:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I get 130-140mpg of mixed highway and street , once reserve kicks in about another 30 miles.... under a 100mpg is crazy is your idle set high, or are you spending lots of time with the throttle wide open....if your trying to conserve get into six gear as soon as you can. :D

·
Registered
807 Posts
speedreaper said:
I get 130-140mpg of mixed highway and street , once reserve kicks in about another 30 miles.... under a 100mpg is crazy is your idle set high, or are you spending lots of time with the throttle wide open....if your trying to conserve get into six gear as soon as you can. :D

i wish i got 100 mpg

jk, i know what u mean

and yea, what's the deal? do u only fill the tank up half way or something to get 80 miles/tank

thats real low

1 - 20 of 29 Posts