Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus got my 09 600rr about 3 months ago and ride it every day I can. It will have 3500mi on it by the time I get home from work today. I was wondering what's the most miles anyone has had/seen on a 600rr? I'm sure I will have 8000-10000 at the end of the season and wondered how many "seasons" I will actually get out of it before Im gonna have to tear the heads/cylinders off. Most miles I've seen on a sportbike was 38,000 think it was a 636.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Depends solely on weither or not you are beating the piss out of it every mile of its life and then if your keeping on the service.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Not sure if you tried the search function but this has been covered about once a month for the last year or so. There are guys on here with over 165,000 miles on their bikes. Do the regular maint. and it will last forever.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most of the miles will jus b from runnin 60mph for 20mi each way to work and back...(but I'm not gonna say I don't run it through the gears every once in awhile). Just wondering how long the sporbikes last..what's the most miles anyones had/seen on an odometer?

·
Registered
991 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I know someone with 90k on his stock engine. I had 40k on my r1 block before I rebuilt it and it looked like new still. I only rebuilt it for more power, but was shocked at how well it looked on the inside. Good maintenance and the bike will last a VERY long time. In fact something else happens to most all bikes before the engine goes.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
if well cared for, 100k miles is completely plausible.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Like has been said already.... so long as you take care of it and don't beat the living crap out of it all the time, it'll likely last longer than you care to keep it

<-- 187,600 on my F4i and going strong as ever, ridden each and every day

·
Registered
225 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts