Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what most of you guys put on for average annual mileage? I know weather conditions are important, so your geography plays a major part. Riding season is just about upon us in the New England area and I'm getting the itch. Between my two bikes I put on about 5k last year and that's just riding time. Barely rode the 35 mile round trip for work at all.

My father and I got our bikes running yesterday for Easter and it immediately started snowing at his house. :/ Then again, he's still got 3 feet of snow in his yard.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm just north of you Deck in Vermont, I put on just over 3k last year, I had the bike out a couple times last week so I'm already getting started.

·
Registered
433 Posts
around here (philly suburbs) we have about a 7 month riding season. that plus the fact that my bike stays 5 miles from where i live only permits me to go about 3-4k a year

·
Registered
874 Posts
I can realistically only ride consistently only through May- October.
So for 5 months I usually average roughly 1-2k a month, so anywhere between 5k-10k... Let's say 7.5k... If I lived in Cali where it was dry and hot year round then i'd probably put 20-25k.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
25-30K miles a year normally.
So jealous..... In more ways than one... You live in the much more 2nd Amendment friendly south... Triggers or kickstands, I dig it..

I'm just north of you Deck in Vermont
A Vermonter?! Where abouts? My parents actually live in lower VT. I love riding up there, much more along my lifestyle in terms of being rural compared to where I live now. But I grew up in a town of 500 people....

I can realistically only ride consistently only through May- October.
I saw that a few of the ads you posted while looking for a bike were in New London and Boston. You from MA?

Side note: I'll be putting the CBR on the road for this weekend, 50-60 and sunny! The Yamaha needs some work though :/ She was leaking that lifeblood when we started her up on Easter...

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
OP, maybe you should add a poll to this thread :ponder:

as to the miles......well, ill just look what others post for now, can't even bring myself to post my annual numbers :roll:

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
We have 28c weather here all year round, so I ride everyday. Usually do about 20k per year.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Because of where I live and lack of free time for riding as I get older the past few years my average mileage has dwindled down to the 3k-4k per year area. But I'm honestly ok with that: I'd rather have 3k of great rides, memorable places, fun and exciting miles than 30k of ho-hum sweating my ass off all the time, group rides or commuting miles where one day simply melds into the next and I couldn't tell you where I went last month.

Mike

·
Registered
966 Posts
The "season" here is one year long, every year. I ride everyday. Averaging about 10k a year.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm from MA too Danny, that's why I asked. I'm western, you? I literally have only one friend that rides, and that's a GSXR1000. Or my father thats on a Harley Geyser Glide, as he calls it... Just looking for potential new people to cruise with if you were anywhere close.

·
Registered
250 Posts
A Vermonter?! Where abouts? My parents actually live in lower VT. I love riding up there, much more along my lifestyle in terms of being rural compared to where I live now. But I grew up in a town of 500 people....
I live in Brattleboro actually.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts