Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 with about 18k miles. I hope w/ proper maintenance I can ride this thing for a while longer and sell it. A friend was saying its almost impossible to sell a bike with over 30k miles :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
my roomate just sold a 96 yamaha yzf 600 w/ about 45,000 miles on it for 2g's. its possible to sell it but i dunno who in thier right mind would want it with that many miles. but i guess there are some people out there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
hessogood said:
A friend has a 99 SV650 with 140,000 miles on it. It makes no difference.

Holy piss bat man! How much did he get off of it?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I sold my CBR 94 F2 with 48k miles for 3800
Here is what it looked like

and my 2003 RR currently has 34 k miles
you maintain your bike it will keep going for a long time

·
Registered
454 Posts
How many pieces of toast can I get out of a Sunbeam TOaster before I have to replace it?

See how stupid that question sounds? Thats about how dumb your friend sounds saying that...it will last forever if you take care of it...BOTTOM LINE

·
Registered
906 Posts
To get my RR, I sold my 75000km 1992 CBR400RR NC-29 for ZAR 3000 less than I bought it. So, I put on 60000km and sold it for 15% less than I bought it. Properly maintained, of course... Don't know whats up with people and huge mileage...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Cause mostly kids who own bikes BEAT THEM UP. I knew a kid who went like 8,000 miles on his oil, standard Honda oil, then went to the dealer expecting them to replace the engine under warranty, they said....Prove the Oil changes...they sent a sample of it to the lab....the kid defaulted on the bike cause he left it there at the dealer!!

Thats why people are afraid of High Mileage bikes. I baby mine...except for the chain and that stuff...I sometimes get lazy

·
Registered
5 Posts
envirocbr said:
How many pieces of toast can I get out of a Sunbeam TOaster before I have to replace it?
I only get about 1,000 slices out of my Sunbeam before she's ready for a rebuild.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My o3 has well over 18k and she rides like a dream, Proper maintenance will make your bike last forever.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
How many licks does it take till you get to the center of a Tootsie Roll lollie pop?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
67k on my friend's 1987 CBR 600 and it is still going strong. He has never had a problem with it, no leaks, no issues. Bikes last a long time if you take care of them and do the proper maintenance. Parts do wear, so upkeep can mean replacing something here and there, but it's still less than buying a new bike. If you keep a bike that long and put those kinda miles on it...why would you care about selling it anyway? I never buy my bikes as investments...they live for me so I can ride the hell out of em! The way you should look at is...you buy a bike with the understanding to ride it till you feel you got your money's worth. By that time you should be attached to it and if you want something else you just add another bike to the stable. If you get rid of the first one, it is to your lady or a buddy who deserves a deal on a used bike. These bikes are not collectors items...well after seeing the hideous 07 it just may be!! LOL

·
Registered
454 Posts
Rook said:
I only get about 1,000 slices out of my Sunbeam before she's ready for a rebuild.
Same with my Blender, about 20,000 rpms before I have to rebuild!!!

So....James...you hate the new look of the 07? I am fond of the paint scheme, but I do admit...it does cater to the "Kids."

I would have gladly taken the design we have NOW and just made improvments to the engine and suspension. But still...it is a Honda.

They also dont claim 17,500 RPM...or 140hp!!! LMAO...That 07 is gonna whoop some aessss

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Gasser, our local ride till you die 65 year old legend, sold his Honda 929 with 176,000 miles on it to buy his new CBR100RR. the old bike was still going good.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I think that i will have about 15k on my rr when the 07's come out. What i want to know is once you cross the dreaded 10k mark how much can you sell it for. By the way my bike has a salvage title so could i get ballpark guesses for it with and without the title?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I bought my a high mileage 85 XT600 for $500 back in 1991. I rode the crap out of it until 2001 and sold it for $800 to someone who was gonna redo the whole bike. Point is, if it is still ridable it will sell regardless of miles...it just may not sell for much money and many times it is worth just keeping it around.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I've got 28k on a 03 and it still runs strong, but I really don't get to ride as much as I would like.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I sold my 2000 r6 with 48,000 on it for $2,700 the carbs were shot too..bike barly ran...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts