Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles can we go on the RR once the flashing low gas warning comes on? I know it will depend on how you ride etc. I am looking for any personal experience ythat you might have.

I used to be able to go 175 miles on my F4 before the light came on and could go another 20 miles. But on the RR it comes on at 145miles.. How far can I push it before it runs out of gas?

N

·
0 Posts
This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer (Cosmos) and the car saleman lives on the edge by daring to go where no man's gone before--Beyong the flashing gas light. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
222 Posts
mine comes on at 120 miles and i fill up. i usually put in 3.5 gallons. so, see how much gas you put in when the light comes on, figure out your mileage and i'm not sure off hand but i know it says in the manual how much gas the rr holds and you can get a better estimate than any of us can give you because we don't all ride the same.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Nemesis said:
This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer (Cosmos) and the car saleman lives on the edge by daring to go where no man's gone before--Beyong the flashing gas light. :mrgreen:
yea so much below E that the needle
broke :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
it wheelies so good when the light blinks though... lol

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Ive ran it about 25 or so miles after my light came on...you could still hear a bit of gas sloshing around inside the tank after we stopped...i would say dont push it more than a crusing 30 miles and you should be fine.

·
Registered
513 Posts
got about 40 miles after the flash started , thought i'd go home before filling up , made it to top of hill a block from my house and ********blaahh**** . good thing the gas station was at the bottom of the hill , coasted in . **tip** if you're low on fuel and the next station is a ways away , keep the rpm's below about 5500 , keeps the second set of injectors off .

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
The light starts flashing when you hit your reserve (I think .9 gallons). Do the math, how many mpg does your bike get? If you're blinking, like R6beater said, don't rev the hell out of it...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Well from listening to people talk about their gauges I'd venture to say that everyones light comes on at different times. Mine comes on well before the .9 reserve. I've gone another 20 miles, stop to fill up and only put 3.5 gallons in. I think it's due to how your float is adjusted in the tank. But if you really want to find out either strap a 1 gallons tank on the back or have someone follow you.

·
Registered
513 Posts
BlueBlur said:
tank holds 4.9 gallons. i've gone 25 past blinking and put in just under 4 gallons.
you must have gotten the endurance tank , spec = 4.76 , but the fuel pump can't get that last bit , as it sits below the pump . when i ran it out the gas station pump said 4.5 gal. us . ( but it charged me for 4.7 , uugghh ) :!:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts