Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there i have a 05 cbr600rr with 54,565 miles on it although they are mostly commutor miles i was wondering how many miles you got ? also how long do you think the bike will last ? i still average 38 to 41 mpg thanks

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
hello there i have a 05 cbr600rr with 54,565 miles on it although they are mostly commutor miles i was wondering how many miles you got ? also how long do you think the bike will last ? i still average 38 to 41 mpg thanks
27k and counting

and if you care for the bike, 150+k miles not out of the question.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
4k but I haven't done much riding this summer cause of a torn ACL :( can't wait for next summer!!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
09 CBR, bought in May.

I have 2499mi in my garage :( On my way home I was excited I was gonna roll 2500... apparently not.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have an 05 that just clicked over 18k, I bought it last June with 5400mi and already more than doubled it in 10 months (yes, I can count, it sits all winter and I also had to end my season early last year due to a broken foot at the end of august) I should be well over 25k by the end of the season, maybe enven more since I just broken up with the ball and chain and been riding a ton more miles because now I have no one getting pissed that I'm hanging out with my friends instead of her because she too drunk to go on the back of the bike most of the time.

·
Registered
619 Posts
4k but I haven't done much riding this summer cause of a torn ACL :( can't wait for next summer!!!
that sux. im going through the same thing. had surgery 2 weeks ago.

i parked the bike with just getting over 16k miles. i average about 50 mpg if I cruise at 65-70 mph. If I cruise at 80 mph I'll get about 45 mpg.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
'04 F4i, 195,500 mi on the dot as of right now, bought new 10-17-04 with 3 mi. Last tank was 50 mpg, runs like new

Take care of them, they will certainly last....

·
Registered
162 Posts
0860RR 17,xxx run great, i take good care of it and ride it a lot

·
Registered
303 Posts
'04 F4i, 195,500 mi on the dot as of right now, bought new 10-17-04 with 3 mi. Last tank was 50 mpg, runs like new

Take care of them, they will certainly last....
Thats amazing how many miles you have gotten out of your bike. When you say "take care of them" do you do anything different that is specified in the Honda maintenance intervals? How often do you change oil?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Thats amazing how many miles you have gotten out of your bike. When you say "take care of them" do you do anything different that is specified in the Honda maintenance intervals? How often do you change oil?
Pretty much, yea... and don't abuse the living crap out of them every time you ride. Besides regular oil changes, I usually change the fork oil, coolant, and brake fluid out once a year. It payed off with the forks, as my original fork seals lasted for 176k before they started leaking. Still have yet to replace a water pump, brake master cylinder or caliper... fluids are always clean. Chain is always kept clean and lubed, as close to every 500 miles as I can. Valve adjustments, throttle body sync, spark plugs, clean air filter..... pretty much follow the maintenance schedule and you're good to go

I change my oil every 5000 miles... Mobil 1 10w-40 and a Purolator PureOne filter (just changed it today as a matter of fact)

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
04' 24k.... I have no idea what my mpg is. lol. I dont know how many bars on gauge represents a gallon. :retard::retard: Ha but I suppose in the high 40s possibly 48:drunk:.

Oh and if anyone knows how many bars on the gauge represents a gallon do share.,,,, Yeah I know after 24k you think I would know this by now. lol Oooops. Thx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Pretty much, yea... and don't abuse the living crap out of them every time you ride. Besides regular oil changes, I usually change the fork oil, coolant, and brake fluid out once a year. It payed off with the forks, as my original fork seals lasted for 176k before they started leaking. Still have yet to replace a water pump, brake master cylinder or caliper... fluids are always clean. Chain is always kept clean and lubed, as close to every 500 miles as I can. Valve adjustments, throttle body sync, spark plugs, clean air filter..... pretty much follow the maintenance schedule and you're good to go

I change my oil every 5000 miles... Mobil 1 10w-40 and a Purolator PureOne filter (just changed it today as a matter of fact)
That means you've cleaned and lubed your chain almost 400 times. You could proably do it in your sleep by now. How many chains have you gone through? Tires? Do you still ride it hard?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
That means you've cleaned and lubed your chain almost 400 times. You could proably do it in your sleep by now. How many chains have you gone through? Tires? Do you still ride it hard?
Hahah oh man... I have no idea anymore on those. I think I lost count at a dozen sets of tires and prob around the same number of chains. I've learned a ton over the last couple years about making stuff last as long as possible. At one time I made the mistake of doing the 520 chain and aluminum rear sprocket thing... big mistake. I was replacing (properly maintained) chains every 12-15k. Got fed up with that and went back to 525 and steel rear sprocket, found a combination of chain and sprockets that works awesome, and even though it's a little pricey it lasts 3x as long. My last set of chain and sprockets had 40k on them before it got a kinked link. I've experimented with a number of different tires, and the best I've found for rears so far are the Pilot Road 2's. Great grip, and so far 14k on my current and it's still got good tread. Front I stick with a regular Pilot Power, got 13k out of my last one

I really don't ride it that hard anymore.... I've already had my 'young and stupid' phase when I first started riding, and rode like an idiot everywhere for probably the first 2 years. In that 2 years we went out every single sunday morning to the everglades and just rode wide open, throttle pinned for hours and hours on end (south florida = straight and flat everywhere). So needless to say, my bike has spent it's fair share of time sitting at redline, lol. I was very lucky that nothing ever happened to me, and after watching some friends go down hard in front of me, and a few others get killed, I finally realized how stupid some of the stuff I was doing really was, and it slowed me down tremendously. Now days I pretty much just cruise and enjoy the ride, and make it back home safely without anymore close calls. I might still get on it every once in awhile, but nothing like I used to. Plus now that I live here in the mountains, it's kinda stupid anyways... not the kinds of straightaways like there are down in FL. Throw me some curves any day!

I do plan on doing a trackday at some point before she dies though :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
10,700 miles bought This April with 6400, but couldn't ride for awhile so probably get 15000 by end of season. Get 39-40 whatever I do.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
09 bought in may brand new 3700 miles

1 - 20 of 37 Posts