Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know, what's your odometer telling you? and how high will you go?

I'm picking up my bike this Sunday, and looking back on how I felt when I sold my last bike, I'm feeling like I wanna keep riding my RR until it runs to the ground.

My last bike had about 36K miles when I sold it, but it was 22 years old.

You guys keeping yours till they go too?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I don't think mine ever will die, it's like the damn Energizer bunny... just keeps going and going and going, lol. So I'm just gonna keep riding it until I can get a free new bike from Honda :banger:

Hey it might work :retard: Maybe at 500k?? LOL

·
Registered
131 Posts
I can't remember if the post was on this forum or on a local forum, but I recall seeing a guy with an F4i with 186k miles on it.

86k indicated and had rolled over once... amazing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't remember if the post was on this forum or on a local forum, but I recall seeing a guy with an F4i with 186k miles on it.

Ahhh hell yeah.
I'd love to at least hit 100k; and with my maintenance schedule, it should be pretty possible :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing; keep it coming!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

^^^ Look up, above your post.... :ciao:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got an '05 with just over 8,500 miles. I'll run it until she dies, unless the bike gods have another plan for it (Knock on wood).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thirdgen, is that 187k on the original engine?
It's straight up ridiculous, regardless. Props, my friend!

·
Registered
836 Posts
15000 awesome miles on my (late) 08...and like 12 terrible ones! lol wouldve put her to the from wence she came, if the low life(s) that took her from me decided she would be better suited for there own business ventures!!!!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Thirdgen, is that 187k on the original engine?
It's straight up ridiculous, regardless. Props, my friend!
Well.... yes and no, although for the most part yes, but I did have to replace a few things at no fault of the engine, but rather damage from a wreck. Back in December at 177k miles I was on my way to work and hit something slick in the road, lowsided and the bike slid into a curb. Flywheel took a direct and hard hit with the curb, and it cracked the engine case and bent the end of the crankshaft. Long story short, I wanted to try and keep it as original as possible, so I ended up buying a used engine (complete), and stripped it down to the bare block. Stripped my engine down and transferred all of my internals into the new case along with the new crankshaft. So the only parts not original are the case, crank, and crank bearings, and of course a new head gasket since you can't reuse that. Pistons, rings, rods, rod bearings, cyl head, transmission, clutch, clutch basket, water pump, oil pump, etc.... all original stuff.

At 177k when I went down, the engine was 100% original and untouched other than regular maintenance stuff (spark plugs, valve adjustments, all fluids changed regularly, etc), and still ran as good as the day I bought her brand new, showing absolutely no signs of slowing down anytime soon. All the parts I replaced were solely due to the damage from the wreck

I got her going again in early April and have logged almost 11,000 miles since, and she's still running like a champ! If you have some time, here's my rebuild thread with ALOT of pictures. I'll warn you it takes some time to get through, but I've been told it's worth the read :)

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=180767

·
Registered
901 Posts
damn 187 k . ive got 34 on my 07 and thought i was a trooper .

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
to the OP, 36k is nothing. look at Thirdgen with over 180k.

I know i'll keep mine and run it to the ground. I usually do with my vehicles anyway. My 94 Celica had 220k when i sold her (still looked brand new but needed new radiator), my Accord now has 170k and runs like a champ.

I expect to see over 100k on the RR; it has 26k now and runs like brand new! :cruising:

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hahaha^^^+1

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you have some time, here's my rebuild thread with ALOT of pictures. I'll warn you it takes some time to get through, but I've been told it's worth the read :)

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=180767
As it turns out, I remembered your thread as soon as it flashed to the first page.
I can definitely attest to it being a super good read as well; I may or may not have read the thread in its entirety from 3AM to 3:50 the night of some brutal assignments I all-nightered for a few weeks ago :drunk:

Just amazing; the way the engine wore so well.

I'm proud of you guys in it for the long haul; as long as my RR doesn't get nabbed sitting outside in San Diego, I'll be doing the same.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts