Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the Forum but couldn't find anything similar.

How many of you buy a bike with cash? And how many of you finance?
I'm getting my bike soon, and of course I am going to have to finance. But the good thing is I'm going to be financing through USAA, which is a great company.

I'm just curious. :ciao:

A

·
0 Posts
2009 cbr financed for 4 years paid off in 2 years 1 month
2010 yamaha wr250x finaced for 4 years paid off in 8 months

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I financed my first bike but after that one cash for toys is my mentality. Everyone thinks different. I live on my own money. Keeps me out of trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

I

·
0 Posts
Purchased over 35 bikes....ALL with cash. I agree with Timmy, toys can wait till you save up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i financed, but I bought brand new from Honda. it's set up for 5 years but i already have a plan for 2.5 years to be paid off. Unfortunately like others (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) my bike is my only form of transport right now. So it's more than just a toy to me.

If it had been a used bike, no doubt cash only though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I financed. I bought a rand new 08 had 5 years but did it in 3. Depends on the deals you can get too. I have excellent credit and did my research on insurance knowing I would need full coverage as most banks require.

I think it depends on the use of the bike for you (recreation or transportation) for me it's a bit of both. I use it as often as I can during the summer, gets good gas mileage.

Biggest thing to remember is if you can actually afford it. As we've all seen, people tend to buy more than they actually make and it gets them in trouble. One day these people will realize what a difference good credit can do and how much of a B**ch it can be with bad. I'm trying to teach my gf that for the past two years.

Weigh your options. Pay an affordable monthly payment and end up paying a little more in the long run. This may help you keep a rainy day fund and not drain any savings for emergencies. Or pay it all at once and walk away free and clear.

Do what works best with you and your situation.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my first bike in my mid twenties and I financed. Although I'm all for financial responsibility, life is short and sometimes you have to just go for it.

Sent from my HTC Desire

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
I have searched the Forum but couldn't find anything similar.

How many of you buy a bike with cash? And how many of you finance?
I'm getting my bike soon, and of course I am going to have to finance. But the good thing is I'm going to be financing through USAA, which is a great company.

I'm just curious. :ciao:
USAA is great to finance with, but when it comes to bikes they won't finance any more than they value the bike. So make sure you get the year and model to them as soon as you can to see what the max amount they will finance is.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
USAA is great to finance with, but when it comes to bikes they won't finance any more than they value the bike. So make sure you get the year and model to them as soon as you can to see what the max amount they will finance is.
I did not know that. Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
cash.....you are buying a toy.

only liability insurance...( $3-400/yr).

and you need about $1k yr running cost if you use the bike 10k+ /miles/yri

·
Registered
233 Posts
I technically bought my bike cash but I needed a small personal loan to afford it, mainly because I didn't budget for new gear...common rookie mistake, haha. The loan was with no collateral, so I have my title and no one can take my bike.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts