Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
im currently street with a s/o and pc3. can feel the extra pull. i wouldnt doubt having a full, because i wanna do track this yr. but for just street riding, it's like putting on a gucci suit to go to dinner with a meth whore to mcds.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
im currently street with a s/o and pc3. can feel the extra pull. i wouldnt doubt having a full, because i wanna do track this yr. but for just street riding, it's like putting on a gucci suit to go to dinner with a meth whore to mcds.

and you would know...how? lol

Did your date wear a Gucci suit last night?

sorry, couldn't help it

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I don't track much and bought my slip on for looks and sound. So the extra $$$ for a full system isn't worth it to me.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
A full system should only go in conjunction with other modifications to get the most power out of the bike. Throwing on headers and a slip on alone aren't going to give you much of any noticeable differences.

Same goes with a car. To throw on long tube headers and a dual exhaust system isn't going to do much for you unless you support it with other modifications (camshaft, power adder, porting, etc).

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've had both full and slips.....and to be honest with you, it really didn't matter when it comes to street ridining because your not doing 100+ 99% of the time.

In my honest opinion: Full systems are a waste, unless your competing on a track where it is crtical for hp and weight saving measures. Most people who purchase a full system just do it for "bragging rights" or to "make their bike sound cool".....I call that the squid "effect" or "thinking".

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
A full system should only go in conjunction with other modifications to get the most power out of the bike. Throwing on headers and a slip on alone aren't going to give you much of any noticeable differences.

Same goes with a car. To throw on long tube headers and a dual exhaust system isn't going to do much for you unless you support it with other modifications (camshaft, power adder, porting, etc).
You are kidding right? A good full system and mapping will add around 10-13h.p, that's gonna go unnoticed? hahaha

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
save the extra moolah and spend it on suspension...or trackdays...or....trackdays...or.....how about....trackdays?????

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
You are kidding right? A good full system and mapping will add around 10-13h.p, that's gonna go unnoticed? hahaha
For street riding, yes. Dumbass.

·
Registered
187 Posts

im gonna have to disagree with you on this one. putting headers and exhaust on a car would make the car feel less restricted. same goes for a bike.

·
Registered
619 Posts
im gonna have to disagree with you on this one. putting headers and exhaust on a car would make the car feel less restricted. same goes for a bike.
now i will have to disagree with you. adding headers may give you more top end power, but unless supported with a cam,heads or blower, then your power gains will be lost on bottom end. your lost of back pressure kills you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did, so I ended up buying Arrow headers...I was extremely please with the results.

·
Registered
619 Posts
nice!!! im ordering a full akra in a couple weeks. can't wait.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts