Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

How many of you wear ear plugs to ride?

• Yes, I wear them. (Headphones don't count)

Votes: 56 50.9%
  • Nope. Don't wear them, or wear headphones.

Votes: 54 49.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question. I just rebuilt my bike, and added a slip on. It's a lot louder and after a ride I find everything quiet. Probably not good. Thinking about using ear plugs most of the time, how many of you guys do this?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which slip on are u using that affects ur hearing by that much?
Akrapovic SP. Everyone says Akra isn't that loud, but that's BS lol. Maybe the one I have is louder than the nicer hex design one that everyone seems to get. Either way, it's a lot louder than stock.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't know how anyone can stand to ride without them. Prolonged exposure to wind noise will yield you a nice pair of hearing aids in the future.
Dat be da facts! The constant wind noise will do you in over time. If I'm doing anything other than a quick ride to the corner for lunch I pop in a set of earplugs.

Back in my younger days I was of the "who cares if I loose a little hearing when I get older" mentality. Then I got older. I have just minor tinnitus and it SUCKS!

·
Registered
154 Posts
i put earplugs in if i know i'll be getting onto the highway. if i'm stuck in the city on short trips then i don't really bother.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any tips for type of earplug? I'd like to wear them, especially on the highway, to cut the wind noise. But I have a hell of a time finding ones that'll stay in snuggly.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
which slip on are u using that affects ur hearing by that much?

it isn't the slip on man... its the wind noise which can damage your hearing.. slip on just adds to it..

Also; I don't care how 'quiet' your helmet is... the wind noise will still damage your hearing over time

I wear ear plugs 99% of the time

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am almost shocked at seeing this. Apparently everyone wears ear plugs. Haven't noticed any extreme noise from highway riding or my slip on. Maybe that is a sign my hearing is long gone. Wearing an Exo700 and my ears are apparently fine as is.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i ride with ear plugs all the time. my job requires that i have good hearing but even if it didn't i would still wear them. much quieter in the helmet.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
I am almost shocked at seeing this. Apparently everyone wears ear plugs. Haven't noticed any extreme noise from highway riding or my slip on. Maybe that is a sign my hearing is long gone. Wearing an Exo700 and my ears are apparently fine as is.
whats so shocking about it? alot of us want to preserve whats left of our hearing. :drunk:
i dont wanna wear hearing aids when im old. lol

·
BOTM Winner 04/14
819 Posts
Always wear them on day trips. ALWAYS. Other people I am riding with don't use them though...People tend to believe that ear plugs prevent you from listening things on the street. It doesn't (at least in my case :) )

1 - 20 of 71 Posts