Ride with a charm or no?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may sound stupid but in my rear seat compartment is my spare wallet that hold's my registration/insurance papers and in it is also some fortune cookie message's, my lucky silver quarter, and my lucky gold dollar coin given to me by my mother. Who else rides with lucky charm's or anything that ease's the mind when you ride.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've certainly been lucky at few time, but I don't ride with a lucky charm of any sort. Guess I consider luck to be unreliable. If anything, my "luck" is to learn more about riding. :)

When asked about training vs luck, I think it was Ricky Carmichael who said, "The more I train, the luckier I get." I think it works to same way for me an knowledge.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
i have a st. christopher "please protect us" medallion in my icon jacket. In my a* I have a rosary in my inside pocket. I've been in some sticky situations, it may have been those that saved my life, who knows.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
i have a st. Christopher "please protect us" medallion in my icon jacket.

I have the same thing in my cruisers saddle bag, and looking to get one for my jacket for the RR as well.

It's not really about "luck" it's more about "Faith"

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've been in a lot of close call's these past few month's and although it was probably my reaction skills that saved me, I can't help but think if it was because of my good luck token's.:icon_lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the St. Cristopher medallion in my Icon jacket. As well. I have a rock that I picked up when I first got on the ground in Afghanistan. I carried that rock through everything there, and lets just say I am lucky to be alive x5 lol. So I carry it with me when I ride.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
I ride with nothing of the sort anywhere on me or my bike. I don't need something in the back of my mind for comfort which is secretly distracting my subconsciousness which will inevitably take away from my overall concentration (yay for psychology classes.... Eff).

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I ride with nothing of the sort anywhere on me or my bike. I don't need something in the back of my mind for comfort which is secretly distracting my subconsciousness which will inevitably take away from my overall concentration (yay for psychology classes.... Eff).
hmm...interesting. I don't need something in the back of my mind for comfort either, it's just faith man. I don't think about having it on my while riding. Just nice to know its there.:wave:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I ride with a lucky shirt. Ralph lauren skulls inside a heart with rose thorns wrapped around it. I consider my "Psycho" looking clown or jack on my keychain a luck charm too. Just this weekend i hit gravel about 55 in a turn, slid but i recovered.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don't ride with any "lucky" items.

But for those that do, I don't really see any harm to it. I'd like to think that it helps lower the fear of riding. Of course there should be some fear, to keep you alert. But too much of it, I think would hurt your riding skills.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I don't ride with any good luck charms, but I do have the front fairing off my 05 Speed Triple right next to all my gear in the garage.

It has a deep cut about 1/4 through it from the barb wire fence that I hit when I wrecked it. Reminds me that I could have lost my hand, or my life before I gear up. Not so subtle reminder not to do anything stupid. Maybe I should get a Triumph keychain.....

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think about having it on me while riding. Just nice to know its there.:wave:
Yeah I don't ever ponder about what I have on me or my bike but like you said it's nice to know it's there.

·
"Really??? Seriously???"
2,969 Posts
I have the St. Chris medallion in my ICON jacket as well. Don't consider it to be lucky. I just have faith that I will be safe until its my time to go and if its my time to go, then its my time to go. Not that I put any of it to the test, no amount of luck or faith is any excuse for just plain stupidity.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i don't have any lucky thing, but i've heard of a lot of biker that use bells or something like that to ward off the "pothole demons"..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts