Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you guys been dropped by your insurance because of speeding tickets or any other type tickets? EXCLUDING TICKETS OR FINES OR CONSEQUENCES RELATED TO A VEHICLE ACCIDENT. Don't want it to happen to me (I still have my liscence, I don't have enough points for them to suspend my liscence). Just seems like every time a ticket drops off my record, I get another one. And yes, I know it's my fault.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I had a problem for a while with my Camaro and AMX. I started taking the Diver improvement course as often as I could (every two years). In VA, it adds +5 driving points to your record.

In VA, +5 is the best driving record one can have.
-13 gets your liscense taken away.
One reckless is 6 points and stays on your record 11 years or so.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
honaf4iguy
the state of VA is really tough no wonder no rader detectors allowed i know that much but a 6 points ticket that is on your record for 11 years
that is a new one to me what about DUI GOD FORBID they take your kids
and wife away ( not that its a bad punishment ) j/k of course ;-)
iam staying in FL and next time i drive north towards NJ or NY iam going around and not thru VA

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know my points are ok, i'm just wondering about the insureance company and having my policy dropped.

·
Registered
119 Posts
moeman said:
honaf4iguy
the state of VA is really tough no wonder no rader detectors allowed i know that much but a 6 points ticket that is on your record for 11 years
that is a new one to me what about DUI GOD FORBID they take your kids
and wife away ( not that its a bad punishment ) j/k of course ;-)
iam staying in FL and next time i drive north towards NJ or NY iam going around and not thru VA
DUI in VA is an automatic 30 days in jail and you lose your license for at least 1 year i believe. so yea they pretty much take your life away. i donno i've never had a problem with getting out of tickets in va or at least working the system

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
crumpler
i do not drink anyway so i am not worried i was just wondering its probably that way since its so close to washington and all you must be
a great negotiater if you can get out of tickets or work such a system
you might be a lawyer for all i know any way more power to you man :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm not wondering about getting out of tickets or having my liscence suspended, i'm wondering has anyone been dropped from there insurance company because of too many tickets, excluding for accidents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts