Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
park on the curb/sidewalk? or do you park in the parking lot? doesnt matter what store it is.

me personally, i park and almost always park on the sidewalk infront of the store im going to. unless there is a group of bikes with me and we all cram in a few parking spaces.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i speak for italy, law say to park in the parking lot(car)....
Problem is that if you do that, parking a bike into a car slot, you are fine for the law but not for whole community car drivers.
Honestly i don't care of them and all the time that i can i park into a car(more correctly "vehicle") slot i'll do that, and yes i'm doing this since here none make parking for motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
park on the curb/sidewalk? or do you park in the parking lot? doesnt matter what store it is.

me personally, i park and almost always park on the sidewalk infront of the store im going to. unless there is a group of bikes with me and we all cram in a few parking spaces.
Why? More people walk by it more people see it more chance of it being stolen right? Or kicked over, scratched etc etc...

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
I park on the sidewalk *IF* there is a way that will not interfere with foot traffic...at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I park on the sidewalk *IF* there is a way that will not interfere with foot traffic...at all.
Same here. I park on the sidewalk or in front of a store only if I can get clear of the traffic area. If not, I park in the "hash marks" near the end of a row of parking spots or in the hash marks next to a handicapped spot (not to interfere or block wheelchair access to the spot). In general, I just try not to park like a thoughtless douche.

In Louisiana, parking your bike in a normal parking spot is just tempting some Cajun in a jacked up truck to play demolition derby with your ride.

·
Registered
553 Posts
depends on where i go.
im lucky to have a private garage at home and at work we have reserved motorcycle only parking that cars cant even get into (ok maybe a smart car..)
to be honest, i dont usually park at malls or plazas unless im going into the bank, and in that case my bank has a big section of sidewalk that i park on that is out of the way of cars and foot traffic.
when i do take the bike to a mall i park in a corner spot trying to get a curb on 2 sides (behind and to one side) or find the spot that has a light post blocking half of it so cars dont fit in.
if im with some buddies on bikes, just all occupy 1 or 2 spots.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't often bring my bike anywhere except home, another house, a gas station, or work. At home it goes in a garage, at another home the driveway, at a gas station the pump or parking spot, and at work either the parallel parking spots or the motorcycle spots if they're open -- which consists of nothing more than a regular spot with a line down the middle. If I were to choose a regular spot or sidewalk at a store, it'd likely just be a regular parking spot. I worry about people pulling into the spot and thus my bike, but I worry more about someone seeking revenge if I park in a spot they may consider "douchebaggery."

A coworker was complaining to me once about "motorcycles hogging up an entire parking spot." I explained to her that, had the person drove a car to work they'd still be taking an entire spot, so it's pointless to be bothered by. MOST park two to a spot, but I understand why some with heavily customized bikes may not want to let another bike squeeze in.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Here in Townsville, would get a ticket for parking on footpath/sidewalk. We do have a fair amount of "bike" parks available, if not I will use a normal car park.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It depends on the circumstance. If the parking lot is busy (for example my gym rarely has many parking stalls) So I park on the sidewalk in front of the big bay window but its on the outside of the mall so there is a LOT of walking space to go around. If I'm just going to the corner store and there are a lot of stalls open I will just take a stall and park directly in the middle to lessen the chance of someone opening their door into my bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts