Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How much riding have you done and how many people have you seen go down? I have been ridden about 2000 miles in total and seen 2, both low sides in tight curves with no major harm done...

I have been on a grand total of 4 group rides and those crashes happened on 2 of them...

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i haven't seen anybody go down yet cause it either im too far ahead of them or i'm at a sweeper taking photos...

·
Registered
129 Posts

My friend going to slow around a corner while he was leaning it way to far, just broke the mirror he took the impact instead of the bike.

My girl learning (very slowly) to ride, I let her walk my stunt bike and she dumped it, it's caged so so only smoked a mirror.

One of the instructors at my motorcycle class/test, yeah you probably dont wanna dump your bike if your showing people how to do it, lets just say most people were pretty nervous to do what he did after he dropped it lol

A girl there dropped her mint shadow 3 times that day, well it was mint when she showed up...

I don't know if you count me dumping mine, but that would be 5 if you do lol

G

·
Haven't seen anything while riding, but out and about in cars I have seen a few. Mostly idiots not knowing how to ride and doing stupid things.

One guy racing through a parkinglot. Bar backed out, he grabbed the breaks, slid under the car. Obviously his head wasn't on his shoulders to begin with, but now it really isn't.

One guy taking a turn going too fast for his limits and target fixated on a tree. Hit the sidewalk curb, and missed the tree. Them light poles are a bitch.

Way too many people riding in the right hand lane and people pulling out in front of them. At least 4 of those, with 2 body bags.

And one, "holy **** where are my brakes!?!?!", loss of brake fluid at Moroso years and years ago at maybe 160mph...and even today, they still put those ******* fences and concrete walls back in bad places.

·
Registered
753 Posts
More than I can count. I have been riding for 28 years and have done thousands of miles on the track. I have also worked hundreds of MVC's involving motorcycles as a Paramedic and put dozens of people in bags.

I still love to ride, however, and have no plans to quit.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
ive got 24000 mi on this bike and have been with 2 people who crashed but they were behind me so i didnt see it... no carnage tho, just busted up bikes!!

·
Vendor --- BOTM 05/2009
2,642 Posts
i wouldn't even count track days as its about 5 or 10 a day easy at the track.

On the road, I ride with a very small close group of friends so someone in our group rarely goes down. That said, we have hooked up with other groups or occasionally had others join us. This is usually when trouble happens. I've seen a couple dozen goes down on the street over the last 45000 miles or so.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.