Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much do you pay a year for your insurance? I got mine from progressive, full coverage and i pay $1,649 a year. I have no tickets or accidents on my record. Is this high or just right. I pay $1043 a year for my 04 Nissan Titan and 1990 honda CRX and my 27' inclosed trailer combined.

K

·
0 Posts
It verys by individule, age, and location. For instance, in Wisconsin, Insurance in Milwaukee will be more expensive than in Thorp. Why? Higher crime rate is one of the reasons. Amount of motorcycle related accidents there as well. lots of reasons. The very BEST way to shop around is to talk to other bikers that live in YOUR AREA and find out what they pay and why.

Are they over the age of 25?
Have they had their licence suspended?
Lots of high speed tickets?
Low Deductables?
High Coverages?
Expensive bikes?
Multiple discounts such as car, life, home, and motorcycle?

that's how you shop for insurance.

·
Registered
232 Posts
^^^ Dude State Farm is the Shiz! I live in tucson which has some of the worst insurance rates in the country. If I move to another state it will go back down. I was paying like $43 a month in SC. Check it out it wouldnt hurt.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Joe Lew said:
^^^ Dude State Farm is the Shiz! I live in tucson which has some of the worst insurance rates in the country. If I move to another state it will go back down. I was paying like $43 a month in SC. Check it out it wouldnt hurt.
Well state farm got me at $700/6 monthes for just liability. Well FL is one of the worst states to have insurance. That's b/c we are a No Fault state and there is a lot of fraud that raises our rates. Thanks though..

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Joe Lew, who do you have for insurance?

I have Bike-Line, and for liability, I pay $420 a year. No accidents or tickets on the record, and I am 19.

·
Team Green recrueting machine
614 Posts
2700 a year for full coverage.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah im 25 no tickets or accidents and i live in Upstate NY where is snows 8-9 months out of the years. Its not even like im on the bike that much. Plus I have a $1,000 deductable.

·
Registered
219 Posts
$88 a month full coverage 06 R1 500 dedutable state farm. Clean record for now? I don't have medical, I think with that it would be more expensive.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts