Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is in Metuchen, NJ. The dealer gave me an OUT THE DOOR price of $9200 the RED 2006 600RR. Is this a good deal or what is the best price we can bargain it for?

Also, please help with any tips with bargaining.

Thanks in advance,
kash

·
Registered
870 Posts
Its spring, it is one of hondas most popular bikes, and everyone wants a new 600. I would not expect to see anything under MSRP until August.

·
Registered
787 Posts
depends on where youre from

some dealer in TN is selling new 600rr for under 7200 + tax title plate

i got mine for 8300 OTD

·
Registered
223 Posts
Kash, I don't think people here on the boards are going to be of much help to you. Most of us own different year 600rrs and live in different parts of the country. You should visit other dealers in your area and get a price through that.

·
Registered
787 Posts
inc_121 said:
Can you also suggest me whats the best base price I can bargain for?

Thanks again,
Kash

dealer invoice (how much the dealer pays for the bike) is probably around 7500, minus 5% holdback, thats like 400 bucks so their cost for the bike is probably around 71-7200, (check with www.cyclebuy.com but it'll cost you 13 bucks)

i don't know what's NJ's price is so i don't know whats a good price for that part of the country....or you could drive to Tennese and buy one for under 7600 + tax title plate and saves a few hundred bucks http://www.southernhonda.com/

a couple weeks ago they were selling them for 7200, i guess they raised the price because were in the riding season now

·
Registered
85 Posts
I sell them all day for $10800 OTD in Florida. It's spring and people will pay no matter what the cost. Dealer markup is usually about $2,000. Hold your ground and don't be afraid to walk out the door - as soon as your ready to leave I guarantee they will be ready to deal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey is that Power Sports Honda in Metuchen, I can tell you right now those guys dont budge.

That's about the price I paid there last year!!!!
But don't give up, you may be able to get them to drop a little (very little) more.

Good luck and hope to see you around.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
just look for an 05, its the same damn bike and you can probably find one for less $

·
Registered
787 Posts
muvon2000 said:
Hey is that Power Sports Honda in Metuchen, I can tell you right now those guys dont budge.

That's about the price I paid there last year!!!!
But don't give up, you may be able to get them to drop a little (very little) more.

Good luck and hope to see you around.
sometime the dealer won't budge if they know that you REALLY want the bike, body language and the way you act can gives them those clues...they won't budge the price if they know youre gonna buy it anyway no matter what

·
Registered
74 Posts
these guys have a place in florida and ohio best deal i know of. they only have the 05 listed for $7600 if you call them they would probably give you a price on 06's. i think $2000 would be worth the drive

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kash, (name sounds familiar), is this the sport honda on rt27? I went there in Feb and they were offering 8300 for the leftover 05s and 8999 for the 06s. I was seriously considering getting a RR until I started looking at the other sport bikes. I know the RR is a great bike and all but for $8999, it's not keeping up with the competition. When I went there he was tellin me about how the honda is the best. I almost laughed. Make sure you let them know about the other 3 brands redesigns and never be enthusiastic about the bike or they'll rape you.

How soon do you want to get a bike? If youre a Honda guy, wait for next years model, they are overdue for a redesign. If you cant wait, cuz I know I couldnt, then try to have them hook you up with some gear and a free extended warranty.

Overall, It's very hard to get a good deal in central jersey. Collect info, sit on the bikes, shop around and enjoy the experience man.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I've been calling on 06's to replace my totalled 05' tribal, I have it down to $8950 OTD w/o the warranty or $9147 OTD with the warranty. I think I can get it down more but I am still waiting for my insurance check so I still have some time. my leg is still messed up anyways so it'll be about a month until I can get back on a bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts