Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how much a 07 600RR should cost around now OTD. Im from NJ so if anyone has experience with buying one from around here and could recommend a dealer that would be really helpful too. Ive taken the MSF course and am looking to finance the bike if I am unable to go through a credit union.

I got an OTD price of 7800 for a 07 R6 (not R6s) and am looking if I could get a CBR for the same. Since you guys are more experienced your advice would really help me out! Hopefully by next spring Ill be joining you guys on the roads!!! Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I was just wondering how much a 07 600RR should cost around now OTD. Im from NJ so if anyone has experience with buying one from around here and could recommend a dealer that would be really helpful too. Ive taken the MSF course and am looking to finance the bike if I am unable to go through a credit union.

I got an OTD price of 7800 for a 07 R6 (not R6s) and am looking if I could get a CBR for the same. Since you guys are more experienced your advice would really help me out! Hopefully by next spring Ill be joining you guys on the roads!!! Thanks in advance!!!
I don't know if you have cycle gear magazine in your city. But when Iwas looking for my bike I used that magazine for OTD price. I think they go for 8600 now here in Cali. But you can't quite used that for a price comparison. You might want to call your honda dealer and see if they can matched that R6.......it's worth a try. GL

·
Registered
418 Posts
the cheapest i've ever heard was 7983 from southern honda, and from what I understand their supply is kinda limited right now..But that R6 price sounds pretty freakin sweet. I would jump on it if you can accept not having a honda..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I would jump on it but then I really started thinking about what I wanted. And Im going to be mostly doing street riding and I think it would be the better option bc it also has a lower seat height and Im 5'6/5'7 the R6 will prob be way too much... But yea I just need to see if I can do a credit union bc the financing will prob kill me, but I only had my credit card for about a yr now, so prob will need a co signer...

But yea if anyone in NJ could help me out that would be great bc I dont think Cali or Florida prices will help. But I do appreciate the help a lot!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I agree bout the seat height, the CBR is way more comfortable, i'm about 5'8" and can almost sit flat footed on mine, not that I'm in that posiition too terribly often, but it helps when needed.

I definitely understand the financing issue, I do all my stuff through Navy Federal CU (military) they have freakin sick rates. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yea I would jump on it but then I really started thinking about what I wanted. And Im going to be mostly doing street riding and I think it would be the better option bc it also has a lower seat height and Im 5'6/5'7 the R6 will prob be way too much... But yea I just need to see if I can do a credit union bc the financing will prob kill me, but I only had my credit card for about a yr now, so prob will need a co signer...

But yea if anyone in NJ could help me out that would be great bc I dont think Cali or Florida prices will help. But I do appreciate the help a lot!!!
CBR for seat hieght is good thinking, those R6's are stupid high

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
not sure how much they are here in FL but i'll pay a lil visit to my dealer this week and find out. btw, are you really sold on the 07 or have you considered the 08's? both the 08 R6 and RR's are badass! if you are financing, it wouldn't make too much difference anyway with brand new.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not sure how much they are here in FL but i'll pay a lil visit to my dealer this week and find out. btw, are you really sold on the 07 or have you considered the 08's? both the 08 R6 and RR's are badass! if you are financing, it wouldn't make too much difference anyway with brand new.
Well I thought 08 RR's were unchanged from 07 besides paint scheme?!? I think it would make a difference bc their being sold cheaper than retail which will save me like a grand or two... Yea I think Im sold on the CBR bc the R6 will prob be too high. The 08 has a better midrange but still too tall. If I could get a 07 CBR I would prob stick with that, thanks for the help though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the market as well

I am in the market for a Honda CBR600RR and I visited my local dealership on monday and they were quoting OTD price at full sticker + applicable fees which were like $389 inc taxes, which I think is absolutely insane considering that the 08 is going to be coming out real soon. The real reason that I am posting is that I really wanted some advice on what I show offer to them in order to be taken seriously but not get ripped off. BTW, I am in South Carolina. Thanks for any advice in advance...
Jon

·
Registered
460 Posts
07's are about $9200 OTD in Socal right now.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Did you try looking up a dealer through the Honda Powersports website?
Bergen Honda
30 Route 46 E
Lodi, NJ 07644
(973)478-7711

I actually called them today and they said that they had a 2008 in Black and a Blue 2007. The "sale" price for the 07 was $8700.
I was wondering if I should post this information up because I was interested in the bike, but I won't be buying any time soon. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
appreciate the help, but what do y'all think about offering something like 8800 with jacket and helmet... Not sure what route I should take, ask for lower price and then buy the gear or what i said previously. They have two bikes, one black and one red both 2007 models.

·
Registered
460 Posts
appreciate the help, but what do y'all think about offering something like 8800 with jacket and helmet... Not sure what route I should take, ask for lower price and then buy the gear or what i said previously. They have two bikes, one black and one red both 2007 models.
The price you pay and the deal you get will really depend on what part of the country you are in. You wouldnt get the bike alone for anywhere near $8,800 in my area, but if you are up north you have a lot more bargaining power as it gets colder.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dang if its going to be near 8700 then should I just sacrifice midrange and height by going with the R6 for 7800 OTD?!? Gosh why cant they just both be the same price so I can stick with the CBR lol... But then again I could just get a power commander and fix the low end right?

Oh well I called Freehold Honda today but my phone died before they could call me back with an OTD price. Ill post up what I hear from them tomorrow. Wish me luck guys!!! Also how much on average is a deposit for a bike? They only have two left and if I get a decent price Ill prob put a deposit but what should I be looking at for a deposit since I only have a couple hundred dollars on hand... And one last thing Red or White?!? I cant decide I mean they only had blue and red left but if possible Ill ask to see if they can get a white but which color lol!!! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got a call back and the Regular OTD price was going to be 10416.18 but they were going to give me the bike for 9050.00 I dk if thats good or not but considering I could get the R6 for 7800 Im hoping other Honda dealers can give me a better quote... Some of you may say then just get the R6 if your complaining. But I just would rather be able to pick since R6 would prob put me on my tippy toes...

Just a question but for those who have ridden bikes with a slipper clutch is it really that awesome?!? That was one of the reasons why I wanted a new bike so that it could help me out while breaking and downshifting bc I heard w/out it it can actually be dangerous if being done by a noob but the slipper clutch is supposed to help that out.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Dang if its going to be near 8700 then should I just sacrifice midrange and height by going with the R6 for 7800 OTD?!? But then again I could just get a power commander and fix the low end right?
You would need a Power Commander and an exhaust, and then you could have the bike dynotuned by a shop. Most of the dyno's I have seen from the '06/'07 R6's with a custom tune (and I have seen a plethora) look exactly like the 600RR's- a VERY linear powercurve. So it will cost you a few bucks, but the R6's weak spot lower in the powerband can absolutely be fixed.

Other than the seat height (not a problem for some) and the harsh riding position, I think an R6 w/ a smoothed out powerband is probably the best looking and best performing supersport, period. It's only 10 pounds heavier, and the motor is a screamer after 10K, a straight-up freight train. It also has the best chassy/handling, and looks super slick. Yamaha is far and away the best in terms of paint work too. And lastly, Yamaha fit, finish, and materials always score the highest.

http://www-origin.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=4515&Page=1

Both bikes are fantastic. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got back from my dealer and they want 8900 + 400 for all the bs, for a 2007 white 600rr. Does color make a difference? The black ones were 8300, thats why I ask.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts