Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i wanted to start a thread on about how much i miss the riding season. I am in the philadelphia area. (Jersey) So you can imagine that i am very anxious to ride.All of this snow and coldness really takes its toll. I was recently in Arizona, it was 70 degrees. Riders all over the place. I was jealous. hahah. Now how much do i miss the riding you ask? I miss the midnight summer rides to the beach. I miss passing all of the pretty girls while they throw me a thumbs up and how i wish they threw me their numbers lol !.. I miss all of the sweet curves through pennslyvanias mountainous terrain. I miss rolling up to wherever it is that I'm going saying that, that was so much better than a car ride. Spring i cant wait!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
:+1: AGREED! I enjoy crusing! and just riding! Planning on doing allot of riding this spring and summer whether I stay local or take long trips.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I pulled my bike out the other day to work on and I ended up sitting on it for 5 minutes like a nerd. I was "adjusting the angle on my new gsxr mirrors". I wish I could just bring it somewhere warm for a weekend lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
ya i do actually. you get used to it. stopping at lights suck but once your moving its not bad. I mean if your going to and from work or something. If you were out running errands it would suck. But then again in the heat you can ride if you want, snow you cant

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here in DC we get the worst of both worlds. It's too cold to ride in the winter, plus it's been snowing every phucking weekend so heated gear doesn't help a damn thing. And in the hottest part of Summer, it's over 100 and humid as hell. Even in shorts and a wifebeater, the second you walk out you're sweating. Imagine what it's like wearing full gear, helmet, and sitting on a black bike in traffic (2nd worst traffic in the US).

On a positive note, riding in Fall here is beautiful. The Shenandoah mountains are only an hour away. It's motorcycle heaven. 70 degrees, windy roads, and beautiful scenery.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm originally from Philly, right now I'm stationed in Arizona, glorious weather year-round I get out in a few months, not looking forward to going back to the east coast but at least I wont be there the rest of this winter

·
Registered
182 Posts
Meh, I still ride in the winter as long its not snowing. Heated gear is your best friend at times like these.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
When October hits, and it gets darker quickly, I get depressed because I know riding season is done (for me). But once January hits I know its only a matter of 3 more months before I'm riding again. You guys with 50* winters could never sympathize with us haha

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
PMS= parked motorcycle syndrome.

I feel the pain. I hate the winter and can't wait to get out of michigan!!

Anyone else ever have a dream your riding and doing wheelies and stuff, then only to wake up in your cold ass room and look outside and see the snow and it puts you in a horrible mood?
-yes that was too many and's for a sentence hahaha

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I did ride in the cold once and honestly, the sound of the bike and the response is amazing compared to riding in the summer. The bike just feels really strong. But I still prefer riding after March

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Okay i wanted to start a thread on about how much i miss the riding season. I am in the philadelphia area. (Jersey) So you can imagine that i am very anxious to ride.All of this snow and coldness really takes its toll. I was recently in Arizona, it was 70 degrees. Riders all over the place. I was jealous. hahah. Now how much do i miss the riding you ask? I miss the midnight summer rides to the beach. I miss passing all of the pretty girls while they throw me a thumbs up and how i wish they threw me their numbers lol !.. I miss all of the sweet curves through pennslyvanias mountainous terrain. I miss rolling up to wherever it is that I'm going saying that, that was so much better than a car ride. Spring i cant wait!!!!

BTW, we have more snow coming our way...:retard:

Do a lot of riding in june, july, august? I think its just a trade off wherever you go. Im in Ma, so ya i need my fix.

i'd rather be burning up than freezing

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i dont miss it at all, only been like 2 days where riding was questionable due to rain, but even then, wasnt impossible ;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
that's why i have different hobbies for different seasons.

i snowboard in the winter. paintball and ride my motorcycle when it's not winter.

it all works out because i love doing it all equally.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts