Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about trading in/selling my bike. Please don't ask why.

Honestly what do you guys think is a fair trade in, and a fair private party sale?

2005 600rr,
MODS:
-Carrozzeria wheels
-Vortex clip-ons
-Gilles rearsets
-Dunlop qualifiers (Brand new)
-HRC mirror block-off's
-Sato frame sliders
-DID 520ERV3, 15 tooth vortex front - 45 tooth driven rear
(arata slip-on has been sold)

The bike has 2800 miles on it.

*now the bike has been lowsided. Basically wrecked all the plastics. All damaged pieces have been replaced. Still has a clean title and runs perfect.

(all aftermarket pieces were added after the lowside. They are all literally brand new)

Thanks for your input guys/gals

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PAPA_3kings said:
The Power of Dreams...she is beautiful! Here's a link to a thread from another member who recently sold his '05, give or take a few mod variations maybe this can give you a ballpark idea. Good luck with your trade/sale.

www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=44947

Ride well...

Thanks for the link. Only problem is since it has been down im really not sure how much that lessens the value.

I was thinking around 7K from a dealership and around 8K private party the way she sits.

Does that seem about right?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You may be lucky to get 6K for it at a dealership trade in :( If you are looking to sell to a dealership I would replace a lot of your trick parts with the stock parts (if you have them). I would say a majotiry of bike buyers that go to the dealership are not going to care what type of wheels are on the bike, they are only going to look at the price tag. If you are looking to get the most out of it do not sell it to a dealership, sell it privately.

Bad ass looking bike BTW!!!!!

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
wolfpac52 said:
You may be lucky to get 6K for it at a dealership trade in :( If you are looking to sell to a dealership I would replace a lot of your trick parts with the stock parts (if you have them). I would say a majotiry of bike buyers that go to the dealership are not going to care what type of wheels are on the bike, they are only going to look at the price tag. If you are looking to get the most out of it do not sell it to a dealership, sell it privately.

Bad ass looking bike BTW!!!!!

Best of luck!
The Power of Dreams...I agree with wolf, try to recoup some money by parting out. Won't make much difference in trade-in value & will bring asking price down if you sell privately, then maybe the fact that she's been down may not be such a big issue for someone.

Ride well...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the opinions guys.
Only problem with selling the rearsets/wheels is I dont have the stock parts, so it may be a bit of a hassle to sell plus trade for stock parts.

I will pry see what I can get for the bike and go from there.

Anyone not too far from NW arkansas want to buy a set of carrozzeria forged aluminum wheels or gilles rearsets plus trade their stock parts? ;)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
The Power Of Dreams said:
PM sent....
interested in those wheels with tires... I have an 05 with only 780 miles on it... willing to trade my stocks plus cash for those wheels and tires. let me know the price....

-Ryde

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
The Power Of Dreams said:
Thanks for the opinions guys.
Only problem with selling the rearsets/wheels is I dont have the stock parts, so it may be a bit of a hassle to sell plus trade for stock parts.

I will pry see what I can get for the bike and go from there.

Anyone not too far from NW arkansas want to buy a set of carrozzeria forged aluminum wheels or gilles rearsets plus trade their stock parts? ;)
Im in Benton, Ar... how much you asking? and what city do you live in?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great looking bike, I only wish I could squeeze out some cash for those bits for my bike.

My only suggestion would be to put back on the lights and license plate bracket.
Track bikes definitely have a lower depreciated value than a street bike.

I wish a lot of luck with the sale!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts