Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 600rr came with Dunlop D208's. I was wondering what kind of mileage you all are getting out of them before needing replacement.

I realize there are lots of variables in terms of how everyone rides their bikes but I'm looking for some ballpark. I talked to a guy this morning riding a z1000 who said he's lucky to get 2k out of them. I thought I'd be able to get 3-4K at least...

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I felt really lucky to get 4000 on my 208's. Have Metzeler sport tech m-1's now...they seem to be lasting a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
tire life

What are you guys doing that you only get around 3-4k out of your tires? I'm going on 8900 miles on my Michelins, probably take em to 10,000! :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a friend that put michelins on because he complained about tread life. About a month later he low sided on a corner where he never had problems with on 208s. When he got the insurance money he switched back to dunlop saying "tire mileage is nothing compared to repacing fairings".

I think I'll stick to mine, who cares if they wear out fast as long as they do the job.

V

·
0 Posts
Re: tire life

powerranger said:
What are you guys doing that you only get around 3-4k out of your tires? I'm going on 8900 miles on my Michelins, probably take em to 10,000! :D
Thats a lot of miles... are you riding your bike hard at all or are you just staring at it in the garage and counting each time you look at it as a mile?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Re: tire life

VinRR said:
powerranger said:
Thats a lot of miles... are you riding your bike hard at all or are you just staring at it in the garage and counting each time you look at it as a mile?
lol. I only got 4k miles out of my stock 207s that people were getting 10k out of. I should have stopped riding on them after 3k miles tho. I was riding canyons pretty aggressively, and tire pressure is another factor...if it is cold out, you have to lower your tire pressure, increasing your contact area while increasing the wear on your tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts