Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin to buy a stock 2006 600rr from a dealership. Its got 1,800 miles, really good shape. I know its from a dealership so I will be paying more, but I need to finance it so. They are askin $7,995, what are some good points I can make to them to get the price down.
Here's some pics of the exact bike sorry if the pics are huge:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know its priced high, i expected that from a dealership. My local honda dealership said 08 OTD is 10,500. I need to go through a dealership so I can finance like I said.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
That price sucks. I'm in So. Cal. and even I can see that price still sucks. :puke:They should be asking $6500-6800 and you should be offering $6200. You may need to find something elsewhere. The bike is sick, I love my silver 06. However, it is 2 years old and not the current gen. bike. So, offer $6200-6500 and walk if they don't bite is my suggestion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks james. i'm lookin for suggestions to get the price down. i never pay what there asking. I knew it was high im just lookin for some key points i can say to the salesman.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
if u had cash, u would be in a better spot to negotiate.
i can find out tomorrow what NADA value is on that bike, i doubt its more than 7k in perfect shape.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea I know if i had cash I would be in a little better situation. If you could get that blue book value i would appreciate it. I looked on kelley blue book earlier.

ps- these forums kick ass with the quick responses thank you guys .

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
KBB is worthless.
my riding buddy that works at my local Honda dealer can give me the NADA (national auto dealers association) which is what the dealers actually go buy for trade in and resale values.

i should be able to let u know by 4pm EST tomorrow.

·
Banned
120 Posts
It's a matter of what you're willing to pay. The bike market is HOT right now, so unfortunately, most dealerships aren't willing to negotiate a whole lot (down here, at least).

With that said, I payed that exact price for my '06 (OTD w/ TT&L & 2027 miles). I did it because it was the bike I wanted and every single one I tried to snatch off of craigslist would either be sold or non-negotiable at around $7500. I also did it because they were selling bikes left and right. Lastly, it was a financial decision to better my credit.

Pay what you want to pay. We can all sit here and argue that the price is far too much. Also taking into consideration that TT&L was just at $1100. More or less, meaning I got the bike at 6800.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Being under 25 is hell for insurance.
I know you wont like this, but the best thing you could do is get a used bike you can afford and insure it low while you build experience on your record and yourself...
You can get a EX500 (ninja) for dirt and still have a great time for a year or so..

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Since you are financing you will be paying an extra 2-4 thousand dollars in the long run, use that point to get them to lower the price or throw in your gear for free

1 - 20 of 29 Posts