Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday morning when I started my bike to go to work it just sounded funny. I hit the starter, it sprang to life and was idling at about 1000rpm. I was like WTF? I blipped the throttle and the RPM rose as expected but it just sounded sluggish. I did it again and noticed I was shooting water out of my exhaust, alot! I did that a few more times then got a little frustrated and went inside to figure out who the problem child was. The kids were still asleep so I went back out to leave. I hit the starter and she spins over fine but won't fire. I'm getting grumpy now. I pull the O2 sensor and about 2 cups of water comes spilling out.

What happened. On Sunday I took my bike out the garage for her weekend cleaning. After it was all dried off I went back inside. My 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter were playing out side with the water hose. From what I have gathered from the 2 year old, she decided to stick the water hose in my pipe and fill 'er up. I scolded my daughter and went on my day. What a way to start the week. And to think, my kids doen't even touch my bike without asking first. Atleast she didn't fill up the cylinders with water.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
haha. I'm sorry but that is really cute that they decided to "fill it up".

I'm not sure how much it can hold but when you get it started again let it all heat up and that should help it evaporate. It wouldn't be good to get water in the cylinders.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hahahaha...tahts funny. I hope the bike is fine. Kids crack me up..hahaha. I cant imagine walking outside to a 2 year old with a hose stuck in the exhaust pipe. hahahahahah

·
Registered
924 Posts
lol - sorry about the water issue bro - it's just funny how kids never cease to amaze me.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey man sorry about that man. Thats a funny story though. I can just imagine you winning some money on like Americas Funniest Home Video's if you had a camera and caught that.

·
Registered
924 Posts
^^In all seriousness I use those when washing the RR, dirtbikes and or quads. I think they are great for a cheap investment.

·
Banned
544 Posts
Yeah, I had a similar problem with my little girl- she decided while we working on the bike that its really cool to put stuff into the exhaust. I was so afraid that when I first started her up I would have a toy sea lion or something go flying and break a window or something knowing my luck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thats funny. Actually when I was a little kid I did the same thing to my dad's dirt bike. My brother and I thought we should wash the inside of the engine. Filled the whole thing with water. Needless to say pop was less then thrilled when he had to pull the motor apart.

Glad your bike is ok, kids are just funny.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually after I pulled the O2 sensor and drained the mid pipe/header out she started right up. The 5 foot plume of steam was a little goofy looking though. By the way, I have two slightly used kids for sale if anybody is interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts