Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be purchasing a rear stand in a week or two and was wondering how often you guys use a front stand. I was looking at getting a Pit Bull rear stand but found the GPI Industries stands were the same price for both the front and rear. Everyone says the Pit Bull is the best you can get, plus I like the fact that it has a handle for leverage. I'll only be doing basic maintenance on my bike, but if the front stand is good for anything besides removing the front wheel I'll get both. What do you guys suggest? BTW I'm a noob so your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I use both everytime I park my bike. I just prefer the wheels in the air I guess. Makes a quick sweep of the garage easier too!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
both stands will come in handy for service, i only wanted the rear too but got a good deal on both, and im glad, even cleaning your rims is a breeze, fuk all that roll it forward roll it back to get the whole rim, just spin that bad boy!

besides, it looks tough as hell on both stands!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I bought those GPI industries rear stands and for that price you almost have to buy them! haha
they come in handy for almost anything you do with your bike.
To clean the chain, oil etc...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
both stands will come in handy for service, i only wanted the rear too but got a good deal on both, and im glad, even cleaning your rims is a breeze, fuk all that roll it forward roll it back to get the whole rim, just spin that bad boy!

besides, it looks tough as hell on both stands!
Hey man good point on cleaning the front rim, I hadn't thought of that. I'll probably end up getting the GPI stands; read the review and no one had anything bad to say about them. It's been raining every other weekend here so I haven't even tried washing my bike yet (not very dirty yet anyway).

·
Registered
149 Posts
If it's not that expensive, get both. If you're not doing trackdays though, I can't think of too many things I'd need it for that a simple jack under the front headers wouldn't solve. I guess I'm one of those old school guys that doesn't spend on stuff that's not needed!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I use both stand quite a bit. Mainly when I'm putting the bike up for winter or if i'm going to work on it. If you can afford it just buy them both you will use them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mainly for storage during winter. Keep the tires off of the cold garage concrete. Also used it for changing the oil and front tire. I'll be replacing the front brake lines soon and it will definitely come in handy.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't even own a front stand, i'm so broke at this moment. So i just use the rear and then some jack stands under the frame sliders so i can take of the tire and such..

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have both, and I use both. Though I'd say the rear gets double the usage.

I bought both stands off ebay. t-rex stands. It was like $115 shipped. Though I see the difference in quality when it comes to the pitbull stands, I'm not sure why anyone using them only occasionally, would need them vs a cheaper set.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I use it every day for the VFR or the CBR, now that I have one. Before I used jackstands under the forks when I needed to do wheel or brake work. If you need to do fork work its convenient. I'd get the package deal if you think you'll be using it. All in all you wont use it till you need it but when you do you'll have it.
-Chris.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Never....but then again i don't have one. I need to get another rear stand first.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts