Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just curious how many of you wear your suits everytime you ride or if you just wear your suits at the track and what not.

i also thought about making this a poll:
Where do you where your suits (meaning race leathers)
o track
o both (track and street)

but didn't know how, if someone could help me out with that aspect.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I only wear my one piece if I am at the track or going riding in the mountains for the day. Otherwise it is just too much trouble to get into and out of.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
i where mine any time i ride, not to work or a friends i am talking going out in the canyons and riding but i still wear gear on the small trips to the store and stuff. i never leave my house with out a leather jacket gloves lid and boots

·
Registered
813 Posts
I wear everything everytime (helmet, 1piece, gloves, boots, back protector) only cuz I only ride track and canyons now. Soon to be track only.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
If you're contemplating getting a suit for everyday riding I can't stress enough buying a 2-piece. 1-piece suits are nice, comfortable, and protective, but just aren't practical for most street riding situations. Everytime I ride with friends and we stop for lunch I hate walking around some resturant with my suit half way hanging off.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i hear ya... i don't ride down the street with out full gear (jacket, helmet, boots, gloves, riding pants). i am just wondering if there is any added protection from a race suit that normal street riding gear doesn't offer and whether it would be practicle to wear a suit in an everyday situation.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Just to wedding and funerals. Hate suits!!!

j/k Never have on the street. just the track. A two piece would be nice for the road though. Someday...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I wear my own piece at the track, and anytime I'm going for a dedicated ride on the street (that is, riding without stops). Any other time, I wear my two piece setup.

If I'm just going for a really quick ride to a local destination or to a friend's house to hang out, I'll wear my jacket with textile overpants.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Don't forget your knees on the street. Get some A*'s knee guards. They're inexpensive and easy to put on.

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
J3rmz731 said:
I wear everything everytime (helmet, 1piece, gloves, boots, back protector) only cuz I only ride track and canyons now. Soon to be track only.
Same here only I cant track out the bike yet. I have track plastics I swap in and out of. It's a PITA hehe

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I only wear um at the track..But since I moved up here if I ever do a full blown canyon run I'd wear rock it..

·
Registered
606 Posts
the one time I didn't wear full leathers, I slid down the road 300ft on my head. Road rashed 70% of my back. I wear mine everytime my ass is on the seat. And I live in florida where its hot all the time...

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
i also wear my 1pc leather suit if we have a long ride out of town especially in the twisties, tomorrow i will be hitting the mountain roads of Dalton Pass, awesome twisties & chicanes, wish i had a camera mount on the tank cover.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts