Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Turning 40 in November. When I get older, I'll figure out a way to mount a walker to the bike!

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
Registered
509 Posts
34 feeling like 64 after all the years racing dirt bikes..
After i cant throw my leg over a sport bike or a harley, might look at a can am spider??

·
Registered
467 Posts
It's good to hear that there is respect for sportbikes in the older age groups. Usually you just get weird looks or "another young dumb punk"... when truth be told those 20%, the idiots, ruin it for the rest of us.

·
BOTM winner 11/12
720 Posts
wow, some of you guys are much older than I would have guessed. Especially you X...

I don't mean that disrespectfully, just surprised. I would love to ride with some of the older guys, I'm sure I would learn something, and probably hear a couple of great stories along the way...

·
August 2015 BOTM Winner / Domo
642 Posts
I ride with alot of older gents (50-60+) at the track, its impressive!!! I recently saw a handicap gent last week riding at mosport, with a wheel support (tri-wheel?) set up to keep it steady as he got on the bike, once he was on and rolling he was tearing up the track. Good for him!!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
30 here.... plan to keep doing it as long as I'm not dead and can still get a leg over!

Kinda funny story about old riders (or two of them rather)..... my buddy Kevin lives in N. Georgia and rides the N. Georgia mountains quite a bit. He's also a track junkie and runs "A" group..... on a VFR800 mind you, lol. Anyways couple years ago he was heading up Blood Mountain one day (very twisty road up a mtn.... US 129 before it turns into the Dragon up in NC), not a haul ass pace but a spirited pace no doubt, guy on a brand new R1 goes flying past him like it was nothing. He kicks it up a little bit but still can't catch him. There's a hiking store at the top where everybody stops at, right as he's pulling into there the guy on the R1 is taking off his helmet and all he sees is white hair. He went over to shake the guys hand and got talking to him..... f'ing 81 years old, hahah. My buddy absolutely could not believe it

Another story.... couple years ago was at a VFR forum meet in Franklin, NC, and one of the main guys there who is also a Kevin, lol (there's like 8 of them on that forum.... running joke). Anyways this guy is an older guy himself (mid 50's maybe) but races and all and is fast as crap. And one of his favorite roads is the Cherohala Skyway, which for those that have never been on it, is mostly all sweepers and can be a major haul ass road if you so choose to, lol. So needless to say he's pretty fast on it. They're about to head up and ran into this little old granny lady on an SV 650.... with some melted ass tires. They end up heading up there together, get going across the skyway and she was GONE! Turns out she was 74, and was a track instructor.

So don't always underestimate those old folks.... sometimes they'll surprise ya with their extra experience! hahah

·
Registered
69 Posts
Turned 49 on april fools day. Took a 9 day rode trip with a co-worker,to Zion National Park and on to Las Vegas,this was in July,we took off from Rockford,Il. It was quite a trip.

·
Registered
426 Posts
That's awesome that you guys are still riding.One of my teachers used to ride but stopped,saying he's too old.Now he spends most of his days fishing and drinking.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts