Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been back in cali for 2 weeks now but haven't rode yet. From what i've been seeing however is that every single bike has the factory rear turn signals on them, None integrated. Is california that strict when it comes to integrated tail lights that no one wants to get rid of that hideous bulk?

·
Ocho Cinco
1,715 Posts
I have an integrated... for 2 years... no cop has said anything to me about it...

I know its illegal though...

i've only been stopped twice for not having a plate on... LOL! Everything else has been kosher!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have iWin's light... No proLems here.. Got pulled over when I had first put it on for no plates..
officer told me that he pulled me to check to see if the bike was stolen... hHAhaha...
Then he asked me about the bike... also ask me if the tail light and exhaust was aftermarket... I told him yes, they are.
By the way he is a moto police for pomona pd..
He reached his arm out and gave me daps too.. and said ride safe..
This happened like 3 months ago,,

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yeah out in Huntington beach you have to go ride really careful because they pull you over for sneezing! Lol

·
Registered
481 Posts
I got busted 4 years ago for my integrated signals on my old bike. Apparently, California vehicle code requires that the rear signals be a minimum of 9 inches apart. Of course, the cop also saw me touch knee on the offramp. He was nice for just giving me that ticket.

G

·
I kept kicking my left turn signal off when i would get on my bike, and got soooooooo darn irritated!! I had to get the integrated signals just for that peace of mind. Haven't been pulled over since I got em, an its been three months now.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Yeah you're fine. I would say that more people have the FE then the stock. In all reality it depends on the cop. Obviously if you stay stock, they won't mess with you....but damn that looks so gay. I hate that Mickey Mouse look! (no offense to anyone who is stock...to each his/her own...Mickey)

Anyway, as long as the cop can see the plate clearly, plate has a light, signals are 9" apart and can be seen from 300 ft......you're good.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I have a Hotbodies undertail kit and haven't gotten harassed yet, a few nights ago a cop was right behind me at a stop light too but ended up switching lanes and going passed me. Knocking on wood...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts