Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am curious... how tall is everyone? I read somewhere that the CBR is designed for a smaller rider... ...I'm 5'7", and I think it fits me just fine...

How tall are you?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm 5'5". I just got this bike about two weeks ago. I think it needs to be lowered. My last bike was lowered front and back and I could maneuver it just fine. I haven't had an opportunity to take my double r out for a ride but I was trying to move it around the in the basement and I was having a he*l of a time doing it! It took me a good 30 mins to get it where I wanted it. I even have the bruises to prove it.

I did notice that when I put on boots with a 2" wedge heel, like the Icon bombshell boot that it gave me that extra lift I was looking for. So 5'7" sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
6'1" actually the gsxr has a shorter inseam yet.. i think that makes sense haha basically the gsxr is better for shorter ppl haha

·
knights of cydonia
549 Posts
I'm 5 feet 9 inches.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
dam i thought i was the only short one around here.. 5 10..

about the CBRs being smaller, well they were designed by japanese so it might make sense... not sure if the bikes sold to the us market are any different in height than the ones in japan though..

·
Registered
11 Posts
6' even...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
5'9" and I think the bike fits me just fine.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
So I am curious... how tall is everyone? I read somewhere that the CBR is designed for a smaller rider... ...I'm 5'7", and I think it fits me just fine...

How tall are you?
I don't know where you read that from but based on my experience and comparison with other bikes (gixxers, ninjas, etc) the RR is more for taller riders due to the wide and higher seat position on the 03-06. Gixxers sit much lower and have thinner seat cushion towards the tank which allows the rider to flat-foot the ground much easier. The 07-08 RR's have a more narrower seat than the prev generation that allows you to better flatfoot but is still about the same height.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
6'3". Can get a bit difficult to tuck at times but once you scoot your butt all the way till its resting on the tail fairing its not so bad.

·
Registered
568 Posts
6'0 here and find it nice and roomy although when I have recently sat on the ZX-6R and GSX-R the space between the foot peg and gear lever is enormous compared to our bikes, not sure why?

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
5'6"........ i think.

·
Registered
525 Posts
wow i have to say i think i get the shortest award (like always) 5'2-1/2", always gotta throw that 1/2" in.

·
Registered
937 Posts
5-8 The 07 is easier to handle because of the narrower seat. I could barly touch on the 04

1 - 20 of 174 Posts