Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Corbin seat and the left side doesn't clear the battery so I'm wondering if the battery the previous owner put in is the wrong one. How tall are the stock batteries?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Is the seat off an 05/06 RR or an 03/04 RR ?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Mine is about 3.75" tall, I have a corbin seat on an '04, no issues. Actually I think I have at least an inch clearance... Either the '05 battery tray is different or that's a big battery.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the seat off an 05/06 RR or an 03/04 RR ?
its for an 05/06. The first one I was sent was an 03/04 and they said it would fit, I had my doubts but knew if it didn't it would be easy to sell and get my money back. Needless to say it didn't fit and was not the correct shape

Mine is about 3.75" tall, I have a corbin seat on an '04, no issues. Actually I think I have at least an inch clearance... Either the '05 battery tray is different or that's a big battery.
Yea from what I remember the one in there its taller than 4". My friend and I made up some spacers to clear the battery but those spacers now give the seat too much angle and keeps me right up against the tank which obviously is not the most comfortable :crackup:

Of course I forgot to measure the battery before we put the seat on but to me it seemed like a good 5-6" tall

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
^^^ And the Corbin seats make you slide forward a little already, so adding the spacers would make for some uncomfortable situations.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ And the Corbin seats make you slide forward a little already, so adding the spacers would make for some uncomfortable situations.
yea I noticed that when I first had it on but when I took the seat off to take the tail off we noticed the bolt to the bracket had dented the battery a bit. So we added the spacers and its just not enjoyable at all so might be on the search for a different battery

1 - 8 of 8 Posts