Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
put a 2x4 under the kickstand or something that will help straighten it up, BUT KEEP AN EYE ON IT AND DONT LEAVE IT UNATTENDED, then just use your stand with one hand on the bike, one hand on the stand.

It's safer and more secure if you have spools rather than just a universal swingarm stand.

·
Registered
482 Posts
our bikes are so well balanced you really can just keep it balanced with one hand even with a full tank of gas. Get off the bike put the kick stand down, move to the back of the bike, grab the little strap, or even seat. Straighten the bike up by leaning it to the right, slide the rear stand under the spools/rear swing arm and press down.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ill assume you have spools. Start with the rear, hook the left side of the stand under the left (clutch side) spool. Hold the tail just for a little balance. When you push the stand down for its leverage, the bike should start to stand up straight......make sure the other spool lowers into the right side (brake side) stand. Voila! I like to keep the front wheel straight at all times. Now the bike is balanced in the rear stand. Front should be a piece of cake. MAKE SURE THE BIKE DOES NOT ROLL BACK WHEN YOU GO TO USE THE FRONT STAND. A little roll is ok. Good luck be careful!

·
Registered
149 Posts
ok the above all sound good but I use my leg. kick stand down, just in case, stand on the left side if the bike, put your chest against the rear seat to hold the bike down, your left hand holding the left handle bar or on the tank, then slowly play with the stand using you right leg and pressing down, as long as the bike is balanced then you'll have no problems

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I just put a couple pieces of wood shelves under the stand, straighten the front and use the rear stand, easy. But once i put the wood pieces under the stand I don't go too far because is almost straight up with front wheel straight, easy to tip over.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
First I set the stand down like it would be if the bike was on it, I then pick the rear end up with my right arm and set the bike down onto the stand.
Seriously though, one hand balance the bike and with the other limb set the stand. Be smooth about it. I hope all these posts help...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ill assume you have spools. Start with the rear, hook the left side of the stand under the left (clutch side) spool. Hold the tail just for a little balance. When you push the stand down for its leverage, the bike should start to stand up straight......make sure the other spool lowers into the right side (brake side) stand. Voila! I like to keep the front wheel straight at all times. Now the bike is balanced in the rear stand. Front should be a piece of cake. MAKE SURE THE BIKE DOES NOT ROLL BACK WHEN YOU GO TO USE THE FRONT STAND. A little roll is ok. Good luck be careful!

exactly how i do it too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
just stand the bike up with one hand from the back. it's light man. it ain't gonna fall over, i mean unless you a b*tch you know. hahaha

·
Registered
606 Posts
rear stand. very easy -

i hook it on the left spool and tilt the bike up straight (yes only off the left spool - it balances fine) until it hooks on the right spool

at this point, the bike is balanced straight up, then u just push the stand down and it'll lift the bike up. i do it all the time by myself no problem

i dont even put my hand on the bike whatsoever

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
ok the above all sound good but I use my leg. kick stand down, just in case, stand on the left side if the bike, put your chest against the rear seat to hold the bike down, your left hand holding the left handle bar or on the tank, then slowly play with the stand using you right leg and pressing down, as long as the bike is balanced then you'll have no problems
I do a modified version of this. Instead of my left hand anywhere, I stand with my left hip against the left side of the bike (so I'm looking toward the rear of the bike) left arm goes down the other side of the bike I basically hug the bike and use my right hand and leg to move the stand into position.

·
Registered
131 Posts
put a 2x4 under the kickstand or something that will help straighten it up, BUT KEEP AN EYE ON IT AND DONT LEAVE IT UNATTENDED, then just use your stand with one hand on the bike, one hand on the stand.

It's safer and more secure if you have spools rather than just a universal swingarm stand.
That's what I do to

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool.....sounds like the 2x4's or just hooking the left spool are the best ways to go. Just nervous about dropping it so I wanted to get some feedback before I did anything crazy!! Lol!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I may take a video later tonight to show you how it's done.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts