Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Where can I buy replacement steering head RACES located in the neck frame i only have the bottom dont i need the top to do the conversion no luck with slavage dealers

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can't seem to find which year 1000rr forks work. I'm needing to do this to my 05, and i have a beat on an entire 07 front end. Thanks and great write-up. Mike

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
They are the same, the only difference is the disc brake rotor size. (04-05 1000rr 310mm, 06-07 1000rr 320mm)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm trying to keep this thread alive. So i have 07 forks, triples, axles, bearings, and complete brake system. The problem i have is now i have an 07 1000rr master cylinder for my front brakes, and i have my stock 05 600rr clutch on the left. From what i understand the 600 and 1000 levers are not the same. so how do i buy levers, without having to buy two sets?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 03 600rr and I'm looking at a set of 06-07 1000rr rotors. My rotors are warped and i'm not really looking to do the whole front end conversion. I'm just curious if those will mount up fine on my bike if I buy some spacers?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 03 600rr and I'm looking at a set of 06-07 1000rr rotors. My rotors are warped and i'm not really looking to do the whole front end conversion. I'm just curious if those will mount up fine on my bike if I buy some spacers?

Nope, they aren't even close.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm trying to keep this thread alive. So i have 07 forks, triples, axles, bearings, and complete brake system. The problem i have is now i have an 07 1000rr master cylinder for my front brakes, and i have my stock 05 600rr clutch on the left. From what i understand the 600 and 1000 levers are not the same. so how do i buy levers, without having to buy two sets?

monkeyworkscycle.com sells levers seperately. i bet if you emailed you could try and get a discount on the second lever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey, great wirte up saiyan66, i got a 06 600rr and have a leak on my forks. im thinking of doing this upgrade but im wondering if i can get a 07 1krr forks to fit. are there any difference? are they gonna fit? thanks in advance

·
Registered
42 Posts
saiyan66 just did a phenominal write up! He'll answer any questions you may have. He answered a question i had about the levers about 10 minutes after i found the answer. I am running the 07 1k forks/brakes/master cylinder and i will be retaining my 05 600rr clutch. If i want to order Pazzo or another brand of lever I one would need to do is order a lever set for an 07 600rr. The clutch is the same for all 600rr's and the brake lever for an 07 600rr is the same as an 04-07 1k. problem solved, thanks for all the help saiyan66.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
hey, great wirte up saiyan66, i got a 06 600rr and have a leak on my forks. im thinking of doing this upgrade but im wondering if i can get a 07 1krr forks to fit. are there any difference? are they gonna fit? thanks in advance
Hey chinster, the 04-07 1000RR forks are the exact same on the outside so they will work just fine. The biggest difference between the 04-05 and the 06-07 is the spring rates and the valving.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
This should be stickied!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
If anyone is currently looking to do this conversion, I have all the parts needed for sale in the classified section. Forks, crowns, calipers, clip ons, etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone done anything for a steering damper? what system did you go with? did you need different brackets? help me help me

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
You can use a GPR damper by using the 1000RR base and 600RR pin/bracket. Bolts up perfect. Or you can mount a piston style damper in front of the head tube just above the fairing stay. The second option requires a mount to be made but its simple stuff that any machinist could do for $40.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 04 cbr600rr and I'm looking to upgrade to inverted forks so this thread caught my interest. Does anyone know if this process would also be applicable using 07 cbr600rr parts?

Thanks for your time.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts