Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the only other thread that has working pictures is for the 03-06's. So I thought I would take some pics along the way. I went with a K&N filter, but should be identical for stock/BMC ect.

First thing to do is remove the two 5mm bolts from under the seat.

Next remove the seat, and then remove the 5mm bolt(red), and the two Phillips plastic screws(yellow), then pull up on both of the inserts after you remove the screws.

Then Remove the two 5mm(red) bolts on both side of the bike on the lower black plastics.

Now some people remove all the lower fairings. I am being lazy for this one, and pulled the two lower fairings away from the tank cover to reveal the 5mm bolt (red on both sides of the tank), and the pull tab (yellow). pull the outer tab outward, and then pull the tank cover away from the bike.

Then pull the tank cover off the bike.

Now at the front of the tank, you will need to unplug the connector(yellow). Remove the two Phillips screws, and plastic cross brace(Red).

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Now remove 6 Phillips screws along the outside of the upper filter cover(red). The two screws closest to the tank were hard to get pictures of, but are highlighted in red.
Shifter side:

Rear brake side:

Closest to the tank:

Now you can pull the filter cover up, and you can see the filter.

Remove the two Phillips head screws. Note that the screws are captive in the filter housing, so they should stay where they are until you push them out after you remove the filter.

No pics of this but you need to pull back (towards the tank), and then pull up, and the filter will pop up out of the retaining clips at the bottom of the filter housing.
Then replace filter of choice, and work backwards in opposite order.

For those that want to know
K&N Part # HA-6007 is the filter I used.

K&N IN:

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's an incredible tutorial, thank you for posting it! And I love your bike's color scheme, almost bought one like that but settled on an all-blue '04 instead.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's an incredible tutorial, thank you for posting it! And I love your bike's color scheme, almost bought one like that but settled on an all-blue '04 instead.
Once again we think alike. I wanted to pick up a blue 04, as a track bike, but after getting to check it out the owner tried to hide that it had been down, and maintenance was non-existant.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome tutorial, thanks a lot :shakehand Any tips on removing the fairing without breaking the connecting parts?
I kinda press down on the lower fairing right where it meets the tank cover, and pull out. You would have to really try to break anything fairing wise doing this.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Once again we think alike. I wanted to pick up a blue 04, as a track bike, but after getting to check it out the owner tried to hide that it had been down, and maintenance was non-existant.
History is the biggest selling point for me... my seller had maintained it immaculately (and by the book) and was clearly sad to be selling it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
good write up

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bringing up an old post ,but I'm sure many others are looking at this thread being that they are also getting their bikes ready for the season.

My question is how hard did you have to pull the OEM filter back and up to get it to pop out of the retaining clips? I was under the assumption you had to remove the entire piece that the retaining clips are attached to? I will go home and give it another go, but mine is definitely in there snug!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts