Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just removed my tire and had a local tire shop swap the tire out (they only charged $5). Dismounting and mounting the wheel is definitely a two man job, and three is even better.. (two to align the wheel and one to stick the axle in)

Its hard not to cheat when the tire shop 150m from your house will swap the tires for $5. :crackup: Maybe someday in the future though..

Here is an alternative method of breaking the bead without a bead breaker.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HISTC-sC0o#t=1m17s

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just removed my tire and had a local tire shop swap the tire out (they only charged $5). Dismounting and mounting the wheel is definitely a two man job, and three is even better.. (two to align the wheel and one to stick the axle in)

Its hard not to cheat when the tire shop 150m from your house will swap the tires for $5. :crackup: Maybe someday in the future though..

Here is an alternative method of breaking the bead without a bead breaker.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HISTC-sC0o#t=1m17s

It can EASILY be done by yourself....

·
Registered
955 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have had luck using long arm tire irons with wheel protectors. As far as the weights, I have switched to Ceramic Dynabeads that are inserted into the tire prior to inflation. I have noticed longer and more even wear on the dunlop q3 tires that I have been running. Might want to look into that, its cheap, easy and the most efficient way to truly balance a tire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This whole process is a giant pain in the ass to near impossible with one person. Y’all should not be encouraging people to try this on their own as it’s just gonna f up rims and tires and cost double to triple the cost of getting it done at a repair shop. It’s an absolute shite show to do and after four you tube videos and all this advice and help and knowledge l, yeah, do t do it and stop encouraging others to do it or buy the shop machine for yourself. Waste of time money and sanity trying to get these tires on FTHAT!

·
Registered
735 Posts
eh? Maybe it's case of practice makes perfect? Or coordination & technique?

I use two spoon levers to change my tyres. Takes me less time to change tyres than it takes to drive them to shoppe.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts