Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
This looks so much better. Anyone done this that can comment on if it reduces the ability to read the gauges during the day? Looks sic at night. Yes, I can see pic taken during the day, but is in shade and not direct sunlight. If it's still as bright in sunlight as it is in the pic, I'm def doing this.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
After riding a few days with this, at night there is no issue with seeing the gauges. During the day, if you have the sun to your back and it has a direct path to the gauges it is great. When the sun is high enough, or there is any kind of shadow from the windscreen, it makes it more difficult to see. Not too bad, but enough that you have to spend an extra second to distinguish between the two different 'blacks' that are showing up. Would I want to go back to stock style? No, its worth it at night for less of a 'glow' to me. Next chance I get, I'll try to post pics of it in the day with a shadow.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I can read mine just fine during the day and I even changed the led's to red
Will you come to my place in IL and do this for me?? I'll pay you.. And I am being serious too!!

That set up is AMAZING!!!!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
haha if you get the LED's and polarizing film I'll let you know the next time I come down to Chicago and we might be able to work something out
You tell me what I need to order and done!!

I am about 15 - 20 mins West of downtown Chicago.. Not to far at all...

When would you be done here?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have friends who live in Schaumburg, give me a few minutes and I'll find/post the how to thread that tells you what you need
Yeah Schaumburg is about 25 mins North of me. I'm not far at all..

I would greatly appreciate your help!!!!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
here's the link for the LED's
http://www.oznium.com/plcc-2
I ordered like 5 extras for each color (they are fvcking tiny and didn't know if I was going to drop/lose or burn some)

for the polarizing film I think I got mine off ebay (adhesive backed polarizing film... or something along those lines when I searched) I might be able to find the extra sheet of film that I bought. Give me a bit and I'll see if I can find that too

if you feel like trying it yourself here's the how to thread
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=106007

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
found my polarizing film, there should be plenty to do your gauges

also found my led's. I have a bunch of red's left over, so if you want red you don't need to order any.

Here's a pic of how small those fvckers are, 5 of them could lay across the diameter of a penny

·
Registered
933 Posts
found my polarizing film, there should be plenty to do your gauges

also found my led's. I have a bunch of red's left over, so if you want red you don't need to order any.

Here's a pic of how small those fvckers are, 5 of them could lay across the diameter of a penny
Sweet.. I want my cluster to look EXACLTY like yours.. love the red and love the white tach..

How do I acheive the white tach???

I will be gladly to pay for your time and for some of your materials as well!!!!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Sweet.. I want my cluster to look EXACLTY like yours.. love the red and love the white tach..

How do I acheive the white tach???

I will be gladly to pay for your time and for some of your materials as well!!!!
the white tach is just from white led's, I think there's only 4 or 5 under it

·
Registered
933 Posts
the white tach is just from white led's, I think there's only 4 or 5 under it
So will I need to get the white LEDs? Or do you have the white ones along with the red ones?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I only have 2 or 3 white's left so you'll just need to order them (I'd say probably order 8 or so). I have like 15 red led's so we're good there

·
Registered
933 Posts
I only have 2 or 3 white's left so you'll just need to order them (I'd say probably order 8 or so). I have like 15 red led's so we're good there
Why do I need to order so many white LEDs???

Where should I order them from?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Why do I need to order so many white LEDs???

Where should I order them from?
lol, you never know, sometimes the led's are dead when you get them, if you aren't careful with the solder iron you can put too much heat into them and fry them (I think I did that to the first one I soldered onto my board, but was good on all the rest). I have a few extra white so you could probably get away with just ordering the 4 or 5 needed. I posted the link a few posts ago to the oznium website

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
This is what it looks like during the day. The glare kinda makes it difficult to get a good shot of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is what it looks like during the day. The glare kinda makes it difficult to get a good shot of it.

I definitely see what you mean about the shadow making it harder too see, that's a perfect pic showing it. I agree though that the improvement in looks outweighs the reduced visibility in the shadows. Great how-to!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts